project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-06-28, 04:53   #1
VipersGhost

Default Generate some hype once .6 is released

Are there plans to really hit the market with the .6 release and generate some hype? It'd be cool if some of the gaming mags would include the mod in their magazine dvd or something like that...at least some reviews etc. An explosion of popularity is always good for a mod even if it does bring in a lot of ass hats.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 04:58   #2
Xmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
even if it does bring in a lot of ass hats.
Turn Off :P
I think its better if people actually discover the mod by themselves...they look into it and then make their own opinion, and when they decide to play its because they chose so. and not because "oh well some magazine said this mod is awesome...so it must be ill play it". Most of the time, ass-hats come from the second type of person :P

TacicalGamer Armed Assault Admin
Ingame Name: |TG-1st|Xmaster
Xmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 05:06   #3
youm0nt

I think the best thing to make some "hype" for the mod is to make attractive videos of the gameply of PR and put them up on youtube. What I was thinking is to make videos of PR and create basic MOUT training and "playbooks". For example the playbooks of Full Spectrum Warrior are pretty cool, http://www.fullspectrumwarrior.com/g...s_playbook.php. Imagine doing videos like that for PR, that would create a lot of hyp for the mod.
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 05:11   #4
VipersGhost

Good idea youM0nt...a lot of tactical gamers aren't super gaming geeks. I think that PR could be a perfect game for a lot of people (non-asshats) but being that they aren't invovled in the gaming scene and searching out mods...PR will pass them by. On the other hand it seems like a large portion of vanilla dumbasses come straight in though from just "finding it". Eitherway I'm not concerned with ass hats all that much any more. With the new gameplay mechanics if you don't play the game right/realistically then you are going to get own and add to our kill stats...then they will soon leave as failures. When .5 came out enough hype was generated somewhere (I wasn't here) and the population doubled...I think something to that effect should be done but even more so.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 05:13   #5
Xmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
When .5 came out enough hype was generated somewhere (I wasn't here) and the population doubled...I think something to that effect should be done but even more so.
Fileplanet for one :P

Old 2007-06-28, 05:14   #6
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

If you want to hype it then do it on sites about tactical gaming because we want people to leave Arma or OFP and come here.
We have plenty of CS converts and huge numbers of people who know how to make the game better already.
Another movie would be great, something on Kashan maybe that shows the huge view distance, the jets speed and the armor zoom.
The key thing to do would be highlighting the teamwork and coordination as well as the RTS aspects of the commander assets.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 05:17   #7
iwejfsivhj

The playbook idea is great. It would attract tactical gamers, and nobody else.
iwejfsivhj is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 05:18   #8
agentscar

Send a message via Yahoo to agentscar
Default Release?

Anyone know the Exact Release Date For V0.6?????

agentscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 05:18   #9
Xmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedDrunk&Angry
If you want to hype it then do it on sites about tactical gaming because we want people to leave Arma or OFP and come here.
Its kind of hard to leave these games you know :P Plus people dont really expect a reality mod coming from a shoot-em-up like BF2.

Old 2007-06-28, 05:35   #10
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

I disagree...i think the players we get from magazines are ususally more mature.. i dont know if kids really buy these mags anyway (no cash)

BUT these players have taken the time to read (something few kids seem able to do these days)and look up the site and then download the game etc...
they seem ready to take there time and learn how to play not having just come out of rush rush rush DIE games...

Honestly though i think our best form of promotion is you guys on other sites...or while you are playing other games online etc...

We had about 1500 players all told after the last release (which was just a few months ago) and of that i guess we retained about 800 or so...great numbers i think and a testament to the fact that PR has some staying power...i would expect that we can at least equal that again and retain more this time around so i predict we should have steady playing number of about 1200+ after the next release (wishful thinking)

but anyway..its gonna be tough handling all the noobs but just think of all the battle choices we are gonna have...gonna be good for sure..we all have to be SLs and show people how to play...

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster
Turn Off :P
I think its better if people actually discover the mod by themselves...they look into it and then make their own opinion, and when they decide to play its because they chose so. and not because "oh well some magazine said this mod is awesome...so it must be ill play it". Most of the time, ass-hats come from the second type of person :P

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
generate, hype, released