project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-08-16, 17:38   #21
[MoL]jaVi

Send a message via ICQ to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via AIM to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via MSN to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via Yahoo to [MoL]jaVi
Default Re: Deployment -> Update List ommits servers

Due to another problem a colleague had with DynDNS on his FritzBox and the post LITOralis.nMd made earlier, I had another thought which I have to check when I am at home as it solved the DynDNS issue of my IT colleague here:
Dunstwolkes ISP as well as mine (KabelBW/UnityMedia) use DS-Lite (DualStack Lite) on their Fritzboxes, which means that the FritzBox is only reachable for incoming querries via IPv6 and will give IPv4 info via DS-Lite tunnel to your PC (explanation just to keep it simple, I know its tech. not really correct).

For "normal" surfing and browsing, etc. no big deal for now, but if you got a server behind the FB or use DynDNS it is an issue as well.

And for the PR server issue here it could be that due to (open) NAT querries, IPv6 is the problem and therefore we have this issue.

What I will do:
On the Fritzbox just check under the Configuration page for your internet if the connection is sth. like "IPv6/DSLite". If so, I'll call my ISP and ask to have the DS LITE option turned off in order to get "usual" DualStack, which means I will then have an IPv6 AND IPv4 public address.

If anyone has similar issue or even the same and tried this as well, it would be really appreciated if you'd share your experience

www.we-are-mol.com

"...and the dark gave way for those who brought the light!"
[MoL]jaVi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 20:12   #22
Dunstwolke
Default Re: Deployment -> Update List ommits servers

For the record, even though it has been a while:
Disabling DSLite and having a "real" IPV4-adress did not solve the issue.
Dunstwolke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt, >, deployment, list, ommit, ommits, servers, update