project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-06-04, 10:29   #1
Wolfenheimer
Default Map key spamming

I was watching a video of a 1337 PR player and I realized he uses the map key fairly sparingly. I, on the other hand, spam it with a vengeance trying to keep track of where everybody is.
Am I picking up a bad habit? Is it worth trying to wean myself off of it?
Wolfenheimer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 11:31   #2
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Map key spamming

Not really. Any PR veteran has that habit. It makes sure you are always aware of your friendlies positions and you can identify and react to enemy contact faster.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 04:26   #3
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenheimer View Post
I realized he uses the map key fairly sparingly
If it is a map you know like the back of your hand then you don't really need to check it when it comes to moving, or planning your tactics.

Some people just have a better spacial awareness on some maps.

On Muttrah and Al Basarah, I could probably draw the maps on paper freehand from memory if I had too. I couldn't do that with the city i live in though...

More so with ole'Al Bas

Check the map as much as you feel you need...

... but work on your spacial awareness.

Quote:
Wolfenheimer
Is your in game name Wolfenheimer?

I think I had a guy in my squad with that name the other night, the only reason I remember is because he was the only one moving with me and listening too me...

It was a round of Muttrah, and the whole team was pretty much stopped at North Suburbs. We were hiding from the APC at Suburbs, holding the flag with just the two of us, waiting and waiting for the rest of the team to cap the other objective so we could rush Docks, but those APC's were owning everyone.
Last edited by Wing Walker; 2016-06-06 at 04:38..
Old 2016-06-09, 19:32   #4
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
I was watching a video of a 1337 PR player and I realized he uses the map key fairly sparingly. I, on the other hand, spam it with a vengeance trying to keep track of where everybody is.
Am I picking up a bad habit? Is it worth trying to wean myself off of it?
There's no real need for doing it 24/7 if you have your other spidey senses tingling well. If not, watching the map very often is worth it.

I rarely use the map yet TK people rather seldom etc, but each to their own.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 08:31   #5
iglotruck

We're talking about placing red markers on the map, right? No one does that anymore, so keep it up. When it comes to the amount of markers I guess it doesn't matter as long as they're still somewhat accurate. I die a little everytime an SL has spotted something hostile, takes the time to tell everyone over SL-radio, but doesn't mark it on the map.
iglotruck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 20:35   #6
Azivegu

If I am just playing as INF then I really dont use it too much. I kind of got a feel for most maps so know where to go to. But if I am squad leading then I use it alot because I try to make sure that my squad is together, where the safest route is, where we can engage enemy, which squad I am looking at, setting target markers for things I cant directly see, etc. etc.

So basically, when I can use it as a tool, I use it like there is no tomorrow, but when it is just a guide, barely notice its existence.

Also, if I need to go afk for a few seconds, I usually pull up the map so when I get back into the game I can figure out what happened in the mean time.
Azivegu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 01:07   #7
Rabbit

I don't use the map unless looking for grid numbers.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
key, map, spamming