project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
27 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011-05-22, 22:33   #21
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Jets Imbalance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisweb89 View Post
Theres also the fact that the EF has much better agility and low speed flight, the mig has no advantage in any case on my mind, especially over 2 very fast agile jets.
Well if anything this is realistic the Euro fighter was designed to be aerodynamically UNSTABLE to achieve super-maneuverability it has 50 computers to keep it stable if one fails it will tumble out of the sky (redundancies in place). So its agility should be much more than that of any of the other jets... the fact that the J-10 came out in '98 the MiG-29 in '83., There technologically obsolete as the EF was out in '03.

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 19:48   #22
Doc.Pock

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Why? I'm sure 50% of all PR players will kick your ass, Mr. Braggart.
i know atleast 2 :=)
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 20:38   #23
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesus182 View Post
But the typhoon is so fast to make it hard to catch by the MIG since its a pain to play on silent eagle when the mig rapes your in 5 seconds because your too slow.
The typhoon is really just used for ground attacks now isnt it?
Thought the Typhoon was meant to be a Fighter Bomber like the harrier.

The Tornado is a bomber iirc

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 20:46   #24
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

The Tornado is a Fighter Bomber, although its main role is a bomber.

The EF Typhoon is also a Fighter Bomber / Strike Bomber, but its main role is air superiority but its also very capable of delivering air to ground weapons too.

Basically any modern aircraft made these days is made to be a multi-role fighter as with aircraft becoming way more expensive governments can no longer afford to buy lots of aircraft for specific roles when one aircraft can do multiple roles.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 21:21   #25
Sgt.BountyOrig

Russia gets AA on Silent eagle, you get an unfair advantage in having more weapons!

Its not an imbalance, its just shifted proportionality, one side gets more AA, the other gets slightly better Aircraft.

[NO] Bounty
Sgt.BountyOrig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 06:58   #26
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

So.... No input on the devs about the absolutely ridiculous speeds of those jets? I cant find where i posted on another thread relating to the tornado, but as currently is, the tornado cannot drop bombs or lock on to lazes for missiles because by the time the pilot gets the i got a lock sound, the target is already behind the tornado. Lol. So... input? Or... sweeping this under the rug?

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 07:28   #27
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ralfidude, antagonising the team earns you no points.

I don't think this has been addressed yet because everyone's dance card is full and that only a few DEVs are good with jets. Like a few other issues its in a queue.

If you want you can have a look at the .tweaks and try and find the cause of these problems please do.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 09:35   #28
Wispit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
So.... No input on the devs about the absolutely ridiculous speeds of those jets? I cant find where i posted on another thread relating to the tornado, but as currently is, the tornado cannot drop bombs or lock on to lazes for missiles because by the time the pilot gets the i got a lock sound, the target is already behind the tornado. Lol. So... input? Or... sweeping this under the rug?
With regard to using the tornado as ground attack and "going to fast to lock on to lases"

Try a simple technique that has worked for me many times now.

SLOW DOWN. Thats it. Slow down when going in for a lased target, and your gunner will have time to lase the target and drop away. Only downside is that your now going as slow as the mig in a straight line.

As for the Mig V EF ive had more experience in the tornado and EF on SE so i cant completely comment about the differences. But my understanding is that the EF is a super fast new jet, MIG is old russian plane, its only natural there will be a difference between the two.

Though at the same time, any jet engagement is about who sees who first, and AA isnt gauranteed to work. Though i do know the mig can gain superiority its just not as easy as you are the weaker unit...thats where intel on last jet sightings is wonderful... and having AA vehicles also gives the russians a hand, as the havok gets raped easily with any german jet around. Which personally makes it balanced just not directly e.g. jet speeds

As for EF v J10 both ive found to be rather balanced. Both are fast.
Same with the Su-30 and Tornado

P.S. This is only what i have found in my experience in jets in PR.
Wispit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 10:16   #29
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

Slowing down in the tornado causes problems.

That whole map (SE) is fubar. I still do not understand why the Germans got the Euro and Tornado against one mig... It... makes... no sense... at all...

Iv been on both sides of that map and we had it in rotation for a long time. The truth is this. If the mig pilot sees the eurofighter first, and decides to engage right away and not close in (Which is hard due to the post apocalyptic visibility on that map), then all the Euro does is pop a few flares and hit the afterburner at the same time. The mig has absolutely NO CHANCE IN HELL to catch up. Now, if the mig waits and tries to close in somehow, then yes, in close range the mig will take it down.

Now, mig vs tornado, is even worse, since the tornado is even FASTER than the Euro. Whent he Euro goes down, we dont mind sending in the tornado to fly by itself up there, because it sometimes does the job of a AA fighter better than the EU, lol.

So, effectively, you have created a map of 2 FAR superior fighter jets, vs one fighter jet that may or may not get the job done.

Its really as simple as changing the speeds of the aircraft... solves the lock on issue for lazing.

Also, it is well known that the lazing even when slowing down in the tornado does NOT work.

I have had countless countless countless issues with bombing tanks with a bomb in a tornado that's slowed down, and the bomb hit the target dead on the laze (Confirmed by spotters on the ground) and it did almost no damage to the tank. Requiring to turn around and go for another run. Also, have had issues of bomb missing completely on many occasions. Missiles as well go sky high a few times. Id love to make a video of it, but we got rid of that map because of its suckiness at the moment.

Bombs are effective against ground structures though. Not sure whats wrong there but seems that a combination of speed, and possible bomb script malfunction is causing these issues.

This has been confirmed time and time again with different pilots, not just within my clan, they all pretty much agree on most of these points. Something is seriously wrong here. So I guess get to it when you get to it, but please, do something about this, its not right.

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 10:27   #30
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

if you could make a bug report with the issues you've seen minus the gameplay observations, it would serve our purposes enourmously.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
imbalance, jets