project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
29 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-03-04, 20:05   #1
Dr.Smeghead
Question Crash on loading

Aight. I am sure this has been brought up before, but i am gamer, and not a computer guru, so well..

I have been playing project reality or a long time now, but today when trying to join a server, the game crashed to the desktop. No error message or anything. This also happens in bf2 vanilla, and forgotten hope 2. The game crashes before the loading screen opens. I tried to reeinstall PB(not sure if i did it right), and now it says "conection to the server lost" the first time i tries to join, and it crashes the secon.

I am running it on my Asus G73S. Intel core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz. 16GB RAM, and win7premium 64 bits. GTX460m(forgot to mention it earlier, sorry)

My bf2 is CD, and not Steam or Origin.

Please help! i am desperate
Last edited by Dr.Smeghead; 2013-04-17 at 15:36..
Old 2013-03-05, 00:12   #2
Gorgos
Default Re: Crash on loading

Try this if you have an ATI graphic card (it worked for me, windows 7, 64 bits):

Go to Catalyst Control Center > "My digital Flat-Panel" (on the column to the left) > "Properties (Digital Flat-Panel)" and click the option "Enable GPU scaling".

I don't know if nvidia graphic card has that option anywhere.
I hope it help!
Gorgos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 07:03   #3
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Go to My Documents\

Rename your battlefield 2 directory to Battlefield 2Backup or something similar.

Start vanilla BF2
join online server
exit
This will make the battlefield 2 game recreate the My Documents\battlefield 2 directory

start PR.

Should fix this,

you can then go to battlefield 2Backup\Profile\000X directory of your main account and copy over the Controls.con Audio.con and Video.con files to the battlefield 2\Profiles directory, to save all your user options.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:39   #4
Dr.Smeghead

Hmm. Neither of your suggestions helped i'm afraid. The problems still there. When joining a server, it first says it can't connect, and the second time it crashes to desktop. I have also checked that PB isn't the problem.
Dr.Smeghead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:58   #5
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

If you start a local game does it crash too?

If you run the game in windowed mode, does it give you a crash error?
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 16:32   #6
Dr.Smeghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Psyrus View Post
If you start a local game does it crash too?

If you run the game in windowed mode, does it give you a crash error?
Singleplayer seems to be working, and creating local seems to work. Its only when joining server. And, it used to give and error, unfortunately i dont remember it. It does not give error any more.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:49   #7
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smeghead View Post
Singleplayer seems to be working, and creating local seems to work. Its only when joining server. And, it used to give and error, unfortunately i dont remember it. It does not give error any more.
Your game has probably been patched incorrectly. Since it happens in all your BF2 versions, I guess it's a bf2 patch.

I recommend you reinstall BF2 + PR from scratch.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:01   #8
SAM609

Hi !
It may be a PB problem ! try this before doing anything else >> https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f36...ml#post1873850

SAM609 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:55   #9
Dr.Smeghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Psyrus View Post
Your game has probably been patched incorrectly. Since it happens in all your BF2 versions, I guess it's a bf2 patch.

I recommend you reinstall BF2 + PR from scratch.
I have played it without problems for over two years, so I don't understand how it can be the patching. However, reinstalling it probably solves it..just trying to avoid all that work
Old 2013-04-17, 19:01   #10
Dr.Smeghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM609 View Post
Hi !
It may be a PB problem ! try this before doing anything else >> https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f36...ml#post1873850
Didn't work i'm affraid.. I'll try reinstalling in a couple of days, and i'll see how it turnes out.

By the way, i have two computers, and I havent checked the other one in a while, but i think it might be the same there. I really dont remember(its been a while since i used it), but i'll know in a couple of days. Maybe it's an account issue or something?

Tags
crash, loading, loadingscreen, punkbuster