project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2017-05-02, 17:13   #1
DefineHuman
Default New player with a few questions.

Hey all, I'd appreciate some help here. I really dig the game so far but it can get pretty frustrating when you've no idea what's going on.

1) Mumble: not sure if it's working. When I open Mumble configuration I can hear myself just fine with push to talk, but in-game the little icon at the bottom-right always has these two red stripes. I also have been playing for maybe a week now and I've never, ever heard anyone talk, much less respond, in voice chat. Even though the only three servers I've used (PRTA/EU 94/That other popular one with the weird name) mandated a mic. So is there any kind of error that could cause me not to hear anyone else? Any setting I need to change? Or am I joining the wrong servers?

Also, I keep seeing players getting kicked for not having mic, but I point out often that I'm not hearing anyone and unsure if my mic's working and no admin's actually said anything.

Hell, my squads have never used text chat either. Come to think of it there was a single instance where a SL used chat.

2) Squads: I'm getting into this one situation a lot where someone creates a squad, I join in, and they leave/rejoin to avoid being SL, or any variation thereof. Or otherwise I get kicked out of a squad with 7 players in it, and all other squads are full or require operating armor/helos. I genuinely despise this. Wtf am I to do? I can't be squadleader, I'm gonna get kicked if I'm not in a squad, and yet there are none around. It's a fucked-22.

3) What are the rules for taking light vehicles? Oftentimes I'll find myself miles away from the fight and there'll be no transport. So is it cool if I just grab a humvee w/ no turret when no one else is around?

So essentially there's an egregious lack of communication and I'm not sure if it's me or the squads & servers I've joined thus far.
DefineHuman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
player, questions