project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-08-01, 10:51   #11
Fuller
Default Re: French Forces new regular weapon

I'd like to see the HK 416 for the french forces (i think they already have the 417 in a DMR role ingame) but it is low priority and DEVs should spend their time on more important things.

Fuller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 13:39   #12
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
I'd like to see the HK 416 for the french forces (i think they already have the 417 in a DMR role ingame) but it is low priority and DEVs should spend their time on more important things.
Like world war 2!

Also it is indeed a bit sad that we lose the famas, if the french forces get the hk416 they are just another generic colt faction IMO.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-02, 09:06   #13
InchPincherToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnCreed View Post
It wasn't a suggestion, just a talk (that's why i chose to post it in the general discussion and not in the suggestion section)

I just wanted to know your feeling about changing the famas, pros and cons, will something change in terms of gameplay on the actual maps... ?

Can't remember if Dutch Faction is using HK (HK 417), the last time i played with them i found these weapons so OP (like the polish AK)
Alright, you've got me.

I haven't actually tried HK416 in the past that much in early-release Dutch forces (before today), but seems it just feels like M4/C8 carbine equivalents (had single/full auto capability), especially when had Holo sights in it, makes the aim easier sometimes in short-mid range. If someone had experiences with it, can share here in this post.

But, in general, if you were talking about FAMAS itself:

FAMAS is a bullpup that can fire a lot of bullets with a small-medium recoil sometimes when CQB or one-two shots over mid-long range thanks to sights (holo/aimpoint)/scopes (SCROME J4 if i'm not wrong). The cons are the RoF so fast that can actually burn the whole mag completely (since they had only 25 rounds on each mag), leaving frequent reload actions required every time after combat.

Btw, the HK 417 is a DMR for both French and Dutch forces, BUT the French ones had one ALT Marksman kit that has HK 417 with Holo sight in there (not sure if it's still there, or removed), maybe that's the one you might talking about

But yet again, as Wicca said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Also it is indeed a bit sad that we lose the famas, if the french forces get the hk416 they are just another generic colt faction IMO.
Personally, i don't want something like this to happen :P not all of us wanted to remove Famas from PR

BONUS:

Seems the Germans managed to invade French once again (indirectly)
Just for fun -
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-02, 15:02   #14
PatrickLA_CA

Yeah I have to agree, the FAMAS does add something unique to the French faction. Would be a shame to see it go.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-02, 16:53   #15
lakinen

There is no need for a replacement FAMAS guns in game.Simply because the time when the maps were created the FAMAS guns used.Maybe if new maps were to be released,then think about replacing.

lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 00:30   #16
X-Alt

Just give it to select kits like the breacher and officer
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 09:59   #17
AutumnCreed

Since France is about to lose the only French weapon they dit by themself, it will be an honour to give let the FAMAS an eternal status in PR

You did well your homework, InchPincherToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
Just give it to select kits like the breacher and officer
Could be a great idea, like for IDF
AutumnCreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 22:46   #18
mries
Supporting Member

Does the famas in PR also have 25rounds?

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 08:59   #19
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
Does the famas in PR also have 25rounds?
Yes, it does.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-06, 12:51   #20
mries
Supporting Member

Thanks, good to know!!

mries is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
forces, french, regular, weapon