project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
28 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-12-29, 06:47   #31
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PR:WW2 Beta Release - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djk1518 View Post
CTDing after joining a server, about 20% of the way through. Happens on both Omaha and Carentan, no thrown errors. Let me know where the crash logs are stored and I'll pull it up for you guys.

Running windows 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrunCh View Post
I have the same exact issue, CTD, no errors also running windows 10
You guys have PR:BF2 v1.3.9.0 installed and working, correct?

Old 2015-12-29, 06:48   #32
piratepengu

Looking great so far! I think it's almost ready for a release into the main PR game! However, there are certain changes I think should be made first. Of course, before it can be added into the game a lot of the placeholder or buggy animations should be changed, but I'm sure you know of them. Then, Omaha needs to be balanced. In my eyes, this can be done by either:

A: Removing all but 2 or 3 AT guns, or replacing the PaK40s with PaK36s.

OR

B: Adding 150 or 200 more tickets to America, as I have noticed that when the teams are pretty even Germany usually wins by about 175 tickets.

Also, tank combat is so unbalanced right now that it is broken. I'm not sure if there was a typo in the creation of the Panzer IV's armor, but it gets one shot by almost everything, even a sherman will one shot it to the front (no fire, no tracked, just dead instantly). The Panzer IVF2 may be able to one shot the shermans, but the PzIVD takes 2-3 shots to kill a sherman. This is not balanced at all. On top of that, it's kind of obsurd that the M8 is equipped with AP shells while the SdKfz231 is only equipped with HE shells. How is the SdKfz supposed to win if it doesn't even have the right ammo type? Also, I think the damage of bazookas should be nerfed a little bit, as they have so much ammo and they just massacre all armor.

Also, these would definitely take time to complete, but if you're looking for something to improve on a larger scale, try these:

1. Equip the HAT kit for the US with the heavier M9 bazooka or a recoilless rifle which does more damage than the M1 bazooka.
2. Replace the Panzer IVF2 with a Panzer IVG or Panzer IVH as the F2 wasn't really all that common on the western front.
3. To balance it with the BAR, you might consider, although unrealistically, equipping the German AR with an MG26(t) and then giving the standard and alternate machine gunners the MG42 and MG34 respectively.
Old 2015-12-29, 06:59   #33
piratepengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by curahee150 View Post
-Panzershreck(German HAT kit) cannot be ranged. It only enters the squad comm rose.

-Half-tracks have terrible handling, and found out through said thing, half tracks float for a great amount of time in water. I'm not even sure if they blow up in water.

One thing for realism. The panzerfaust does not 1 hit kill a Sherman. I'm am pretty sure it would in real life, With the Sherman having around 100mm of armor and some variants of panzerfausts is 200mm penetration, with the lowest being of variants being 140mm.
About the panzerfaust: I one shotted 2 shermans today, and saw 2 other sherman's get hit by panzerfausts and lose their tracks as well as control of their turrets. It does plenty of damage, maybe you're just bad
Old 2015-12-29, 07:10   #34
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Remember that Omaha is not your typical map. It requires a LOT of teamwork and coordination. I haven't seen a single coordinated attack when I was playing last night and I think this counts for most servers. It'll come though, no to worry.

What I mean is, you can't judge the Omaha landings and say it's too hard because of this and that, if you're not organizing a grand scale attack. Without proper coordination and teamwork, you're going to lose way too many tickets and will simply not win the round. One, two or even four LCVPs don't do anything, you'll die. Get around 10+ and then we're talking!

Old 2015-12-29, 08:02   #35
KrunCh

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
You guys have PR:BF2 v1.3.9.0 installed and working, correct?
That is correct. I'll try re-installing PR, something is missing I figure.
Old 2015-12-29, 08:42   #36
Rexeh

Panzer IV F2 Hull Machine Gunner:

When moving the machine gun from the left to the right, it feels weird - like the sliding turret thing in 1.3.5. It's hard to aim as it just slides instead of stopping. Combined with the small angle of fire its nearly useless.
Old 2015-12-29, 10:42   #37
blacktea65

Bugs I found so far:
  • no indicator for the amount of ammo boxes and crates in the German transport truck
  • not able to cap the School on Carentan Skirmish from its top floor
  • building state indicator of deployables is not increasing when you shovel

I really like the focus of the battles at certain spots, specially on Carentan where you get as a defensive Wehrmacht almost a guarantee for cinematic firefights. My suggestion is to make the first two flags on Carentan Cq not recapable for the Germans (e.g. till East Bridge) so the U.S. assault doesn't get stuck all the time.

Same goes for the coastal flags on Omaha. Omaha Beach is an unbalanced slaughter for the U.S. which is actually a good thing. But when the German soldiers just walk around the sandline and recap all the bloody secured flags it starts to get ridiculous. Either add a DOD to the sand beach or just make all the flags locked after the Americans capped them.

Old 2015-12-29, 10:52   #38
shahram

Thanks for your efforts.
But I wish you didn't change MP40 and Thompson SMGs models. oh god they are so ugly and clumsy. and I noticed you have added some more recoil to them. (why!)
Come on man, previous ones were great and accurate to real world ones. (why!)
Can I replace previous models with new ones just on myself side files? ( I hope this will work )
Old 2015-12-29, 11:28   #39
StealthyWarrior96

Great work on this mini mod! Quality is really high as always , there are only small problems/suggestions that i want to add here:
*G43 has no deviation reticle
*bird sounds on Carentan are everywhere, i suggest that ambient noise would be removed from that map completely or only let it be in forested areas because over time atleast for me it gets kind of annoying. (not big fan of ambient noises in games)
*2x german light apcs are not on vehicle list though they are on the Carentan map
*on LRG layer of Carentan, Village flag is capped by Germans/USA in couple of seconds, ,also from SE side of the village from farm bulding?s(the one with sandbags) second floor you can actually shoot into US main base, i suggest you put more bushes north of the Artillery cannons.
*Some razerwires dont do any damage for some reason on Carentan
*On Omaha Beach Germans shouldn?t be able to capture the beach itself, also add like 75 more tickets for US.
*cannons should be removed from Omaha beach because it makes it too unbalanced.
*More kits need smoke grenades on Omaha Beach USA side because if only medic gets smoke grenades then it is makes it much more harder to advance
*You can drive through some wooden fences for some reason
* Carentan Normandie cafe skirmish school can be only captured from ground and first floor
*Carentan M6kp3 ground needs to be highered otherwise vehicles dont have way to flank around on some layers if river is to deep.
*BAR uses different mags for deployed and undeployed.
*Area attacks are bugged for germans on Omaha beach LRG and Carentan

Practice Makes Perfect
Last edited by StealthyWarrior96; 2015-12-29 at 21:36..
Old 2015-12-29, 11:28   #40
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram View Post
Thanks for your efforts.
But I wish you didn't change MP40 and Thompson SMGs models. oh god they are so ugly and clumsy. and I noticed you have added some more recoil to them. (why!)
Come on man, previous ones were great and accurate to real world ones. (why!)
Can I replace previous models with new ones just on myself side files? ( I hope this will work )
Thompson and MP40 are now both much nicer models than before, the thompson is also the same version as it was previously being the m1928a1. Recoil i believe is the same as it was in the alpha.

Closed Thread

Tags
beta, feedback, prww2, release, thread