project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
31 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2020-04-06, 11:15   #91
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.6 Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2P1 View Post
Will there be measures against hacking in 1.6? Game has become unplayable because of it, and with viirus we saw how blatantly obvious and out in the open they can be with it even.
AFAIK, anti-cheat system is not even planned to implement, so after 1.6 release it will be quiet period but after new cheats will be released you will be frustrated again.
Old 2020-04-06, 11:33   #92
B2P1

Hacking is the number 1 reason why this game is dying/dead. I just wonder what the developers their opinions and priority is on this.
Old 2020-04-06, 12:03   #93
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

Most million/billion dollar game companies haven't found proper solutions to hackers and exploiters in online games. We do our best to plug holes but if anyone expects a definitive solution or us constantly chasing after them like a cat after a mouse then you need to lower your expectations of our resources and available time. It just isn't feasible.

Old 2020-04-07, 00:19   #94
Niki-Tret

Is there any certain date for 1.6 relese?
Old 2020-04-07, 01:27   #95
robert357

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2P1 View Post
Hacking is the number 1 reason why this game is dying/dead. I just wonder what the developers their opinions and priority is on this.
That why people on servers should report cheaters to server admins.

Old 2020-04-07, 01:42   #96
fenriz9000
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
Most million/billion dollar game companies haven't found proper solutions to hackers and exploiters in online games. We do our best to plug holes but if anyone expects a definitive solution or us constantly chasing after them like a cat after a mouse then you need to lower your expectations of our resources and available time. It just isn't feasible.
not need to throw money for complicated systems, but IMHO the process to catch a cheater should be definitely easier than now. A well-worked in-game replay system may greatly increase player's ability to learn and report.
Old 2020-04-07, 09:19   #97
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki-Tret View Post
Is there any certain date for 1.6 relese?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 2020-04-07, 11:44   #98
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commingsoon View Post
...after more than year you bring out an update of the announcement^^

I don't care whether it comes out tomorrow or in 2 years. but that's how you scare off the last players.
it would not be a problem even if it never comes, but incite something all the time and than delay it again and again but tell the players that it is coming soon (whether in the game or in this forum) is silly after more then a year.

I can understand everyone who leaves pr.
not because he doesn't like this game, but because he feels fooled.

such "jokes" only work for a short time and you frustrate the players with such gags...and this is more harmful to pr than saying that there will be no more updates.

So sei que nada sei.
Old 2020-04-07, 14:32   #99
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Good to finally see this acknowledged by others more, most admins act like other than griefing there isn't even a big problem with cheating overall. When the reality is that cheating is so widespread now, not only do you have a ton of lone wolf cheaters, but a lot of cheaters in clans and even among server admins. Main reason i stopped playing.

If you are attentive you probably have already noticed that some strategies, like stealthily sneaking into a cache compound work way less now for example, as often there now will be someone there that will 'stumble' upon you. And other little things that worked before are now harder to do because of the proliferation of cheating in PR. I can only really speak for post 1.0, but never have there been more cheaters in PR since then than now, probably including pre 1.0 era as well.

I can almost guarantee that we will see new anti-griefing measures being implemented in the next update.
But probably no actual lasting anti-cheat measures or anything of the sort. Maybe a few lines of code changed that will make the current public cheats non-functional for a few days at most until they get patched to work again.
Some kind of anti cheat system would be nice. Or at least a discrete detection and log method of cheat injection/cheat pattern or something similar followed by a big ban wave. Which obviously should not even be announced to server communities or admins before it has run its course, as they are also compromised having closet cheaters among them. That would be great.

Or at the very least change server policy and attitudes with a top down approach, have the dev team make server communities and admins take cheating more seriously, maybe as part of the server license agreement. You should never be under the threat of a ban just because you dared to report a 'community leader' for cheating. Many admins also won't even take the time to look at reports with only a minority voting on them and reports taking very long to be processed. People that want to be admins so they can get e-power and set map votes but don't like the responsibilities that come with it.

Quote:
not need to throw money for complicated systems, but IMHO the process to catch a cheater should be definitely easier than now. A well-worked in-game replay system may greatly increase player's ability to learn and report.
Agreed, the current replay system and analyzer tool leave a lot to be desired, making analysis and proof video creation much harder than it has to be. Improvements here could go a long way into making this whole process easier and more accessible.
The introduction of the tracker replay system and servers improving the layout of their BR/tracker archives already helped a lot, but there is still much more left to improve.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Old 2020-04-07, 20:05   #100
wasom5

I hope they can replace the T-72M by T-72B3 or even T-72AV in co-operative
And replace T-72S by T-72B3 in deployment
Last edited by wasom5; 2020-04-07 at 20:17..
Closed Thread