project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
17 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2014-05-20, 21:22   #21
Truism
Default Re: Rifleman AP class still hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
At 100m it was 10% hit rate...
30% at 50m...

If you wanted a sure kill(which is what PR can actually model); it would have less range in-game.
I'm sorry, I don't know what source you're going off, but the one I was using quotes 30% and 10% incapacitation rates. These are significant figures because they correlate to the task verbs Destroy and Neutralise. From a purely mathematactical standpoint, those as hit rates would imply projectiles from the weapon simply disappearing when detonated.

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 10:08   #22
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
I'm sorry, I don't know what source you're going off, but the one I was using quotes 30% and 10% incapacitation rates. These are significant figures because they correlate to the task verbs Destroy and Neutralise. From a purely mathematactical standpoint, those as hit rates would imply projectiles from the weapon simply disappearing when detonated.
If you have not noticed; 30% isn't reliable.

PR does not have people roll dice for that 30% hit rate at 50m; you are either in the damage zone or not, damage received depends on distance to explosion, no dicerolling.
Obviously there isn't a difference in stance either.

In PR people do get hurt from quite far in front of a Claymore/Mon-50; working as intended.

Even if optimally distributed; at 50m according to FM 23-23(damage zone 2m high, 50m wide at 50m), there would be around 5 fragments hitting a 1.8m tall 0.4m wide target. If target has body armour + helmet then it's doubtful that it will kill.

I don't know what source you are quoting off of; but it better have actual tests done.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2014-05-21 at 10:26..
Old 2014-05-21, 18:30   #23
Ghostwolf

HAT: Tandem warhead
LAT: Heat warhead
AP: Frag warhead
?
Ghostwolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 01:32   #24
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwolf[GER] View Post
HAT: Tandem warhead
LAT: Heat warhead
AP: Frag warhead
?
No Frag for RPG-7.

Fragmentation warhead for RPG-7 is 40mm and looks bad.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 21:57   #25
Cavazos

Claymore should be standard issue to riflemen.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 09:03   #26
Antol

For me AP should have ability to take back claymores (maybe system from PR-Z, where you need to aim at kit to grab it), 4 grenades in kit, 6 tripleflares.
Pls, change it in next patch. It will be one of my fav kit
Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 20:20   #27
waldov

The rifleman AP class is just meant to be a rifleman who is equipped with some area denial/perimeter defense ordnance not his own unique class, such as the HAT or Sniper classes. Personally I think having to keep watch of the mines burdens his role as a squad member in PR's comparatively quick paced style (in contrast to real life where you might wait a day just to get the enemy with claymores) but after looking into it more I guess there is not really a more realistic approach. I think he should still get a buff though as already suggested, such as getting grenades and more trip flares, also being able to recover claymores would be really helpful.

waldov is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
class, hopeless, rifleman