project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2014-04-22, 10:32   #11
Careless

Default Re: SPG-M9 turn rate flexibility

Can I into PR-DEV status?

Last edited by Careless; 2014-04-22 at 11:06..
Old 2014-04-22, 11:25   #12
Beee8190
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
Maybe you can add a second "seat" to it, if another player mans that "seat", the SPG will turn faster (simulating real life situations where two persons would be able to turn the whole thing faster)

Idea worth a try but then again I don't think it should be dependable on two personnel just to be able to turn. 60Kg loaded is certainly not on the light side of things but it isn't something that average soldier couldn't overcome. I'm thinking simplicity where its due
Beee8190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 11:34   #13
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee8190 View Post
Idea worth a try but then again I don't think it should be dependable on two personnel just to be able to turn. 60Kg loaded is certainly not on the light side of things but it isn't something that average soldier couldn't overcome. I'm thinking simplicity where its due
It wouldn't require two to turn it, you would just have to hop off the gun seat and onto the "reloader seat", turn it, then hop back, but doing so would mean you would need to wait abit till you could fire the weapon again, simulating it taking longer to turn the weapon with only one guy.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 11:58   #14
Beee8190
Supporting Member

What I mean is that unless the ready to fire timer is adjusted accordingly I'd question the benefit of said tweak when single manned.

Ideally, two soldiers should probably be present to maximize the SPG effectiveness ( including faster reload ) but it should all work nearly as well when single manned ( slower reload in this case and slightly slower turning rate )
Old 2014-05-03, 17:46   #15
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

If it's made to be 2-seat; can the "warmup" time be reduced?
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 18:02   #16
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
If it's made to be 2-seat; can the "warmup" time be reduced?
Possibly by a bit depending on what it is now in relation to the other Deployable AT etc but currently no one is working on this although the idea has gone down well with the other devs, but no one has time to work on it at the moment and could perhaps be done by a community member?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 13:50   #17
Beee8190
Supporting Member

A help from another member with coding knowledge surely wouldn't go a miss but don't look at me, I struggle still in basic arma editor more times than not

Some must be born as coders...
Old 2014-06-25, 23:39   #18
Cavazos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
It wouldn't require two to turn it, you would just have to hop off the gun seat and onto the "reloader seat", turn it, then hop back, but doing so would mean you would need to wait abit till you could fire the weapon again, simulating it taking longer to turn the weapon with only one guy.
That sounds like a great idea.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 06:08   #19
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Any update on the two seat idea?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 03:51   #20
fatalsushi83

I'd like to know as well. I really like the idea of working together to turn these things more quickly. Two guys should be able to pick on of these up and turn them around in a few seconds, right?
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flexibility, rate, spgm9, turn