project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-09-03, 23:49   #1
AsbestosGuy

Unhappy Does it matter if I am young?

Look, I've been trying to get into PR now because I have a mic! I used to play it without a mic but things didn't go well, and don't get me wrong I do not have any issues when talking in a mic in an online game.

The problem is that I have seen that most of the audience is an adult or older teens (like 18 or something) and I am kind of scared because I'm... well... young (more than 13 years old) and I don't know if people are going to feel weird or annoyed with a teenager just playing there with military equipment.

The other problem is that English is not my first language, don't worry I can speak it really well! but sometimes it tends to get "broken" and I don't know if that's going to annoy people or something else.

I have enjoyed this game a lot! and I hope I will enjoy it more with a mic!

And no I don't have a squeaky voice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
AsbestosGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 00:21   #2
Rabbit

Default Re: Does it matter if I am young?

People probably will care. Best bet is to look at joining a group or clan. Rather than being a random that someone might find annoying they will already know and thus care significantly less. Same thing happened to me.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 10:36   #3
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

If you dont have a squeaky voice then it really just comes up to your devision making and how you perform imo.
But yeah, find a group to play with regularly and it will make everything easier. Or try connecting to individuals you often see (that arent assholes)

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 16:54   #4
mebel

No it doesn't, it's even desirable
Personally I found young ppl eager to learn and be tough players - it's nice to play with those. Just communicate and everything should be fine
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 00:19   #5
AsbestosGuy

Red face Re: Does it matter if I am young?

Thanks a lot for your replys and opinions!
AsbestosGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 17:28   #6
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Don't be scared, just join a squad and speak. You'll find plenty of people are fine with anyone, as long as they play the game and communicate properly.

Also don't worry about your English, people are very much used to people having accents and what not. Heck, I've heard plenty of people from the UK or US that sound awful, so nothing to worry about there .

Have fun playing the game! And feel free to come back here and share your experiences.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
help or advise