project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
18 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2016-06-03, 11:50   #21
DogACTUAL

Default Re: 21:9 monitor support

Okay, i just had to restore the deleted prbf, PR is starting normally again.

Also i changed the directory to the correct one before using the mklink command, it is exactly the same as yours.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 11:54   #22
DogACTUAL

Yea, for whatever reason it doesn't work so well on Windows 10. I would uninstall the visual c++2010 runtime libraries and .net 4 and greater. Reboot your computer and install .net 4 and the visual c++2010 runtime libraries. Reboot again. Then, start from step 1. again.[/QUOTE]

What will that exactly do? Is there a chance my PC will get messed up in the process ?
Old 2016-06-03, 20:27   #23
LakeMole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
What will that exactly do? Is there a chance my PC will get messed up in the process ?
Windows 10 comes with .net 4 preinstalled which is a requirement for Widescreen Fixer which may or may not be the problem. When programs don't work I always uninstall the requirements for that program then reinstall them over successive reboots. Uninstalling those programs should not mess up your computer although certain programs won't work until you reinstall them. You can create a restore point if you're worried about your computer messing up after uninstalling them.

Here's something else to try, right click widescreen fixer, go to properties, compatibility, and run the program in windows 7 compatibility.
Last edited by LakeMole; 2016-06-03 at 20:33..
Old 2017-03-09, 14:44   #24
mebel

Did you maybe figured out how to make it work on Win10 with current version of PR?
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 19:39   #25
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebel View Post
Did you maybe figured out how to make it work on Win10 with current version of PR?
Nope, it never worked for me. I also wouldn't recommend the procedure described here, renaming PR in the directory and the other stuff fucked up my installation.
Not saying i don't appreciate that guy trying to help me though, he really put a lot of effort into it.

In the end i just got used to playing with less FOV. It has some advantages, spotting stuff at distances and using iron sights at long range is much easier.

I hope once i build a new PC that my video card will be able to put out PR undistorted in regular 1920x1080 with bars on the side. I still would prefer more FOV over better long range aquisition.
Old 2017-03-12, 10:29   #26
DogACTUAL

I also hope that maybe the DEVs manage to include real 21:9 monitor support into the game, so players with that monitor can play with the correct FOV. I reckon it should be possible, since before PR went standalone, widescreen fixer could do it easily.
Old 2017-03-12, 11:53   #27
mebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Nope, it never worked for me. I also wouldn't recommend the procedure described here, renaming PR in the directory and the other stuff fucked up my installation.
Not saying i don't appreciate that guy trying to help me though, he really put a lot of effort into it.

In the end i just got used to playing with less FOV. It has some advantages, spotting stuff at distances and using iron sights at long range is much easier.

I hope once i build a new PC that my video card will be able to put out PR undistorted in regular 1920x1080 with bars on the side. I still would prefer more FOV over better long range aquisition.
I manged to make hardlink, and do everything but reinstalling visual C, but it didn't work for me. I'm looking for a way to decrease FOV a bit because of low resolution on which I play - spotting anything at long range is really hard for me now. I think fov around 85 would be ideal in my case. Anyway I can't find a way to do that ;/
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 13:12   #28
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebel View Post
I manged to make hardlink, and do everything but reinstalling visual C, but it didn't work for me. I'm looking for a way to decrease FOV a bit because of low resolution on which I play - spotting anything at long range is really hard for me now. I think fov around 85 would be ideal in my case. Anyway I can't find a way to do that ;/
Even after i did everything in the instructions it still didn't work and only fucked up some other things.

I really hope the DEVs will maybe implement a solution in coming updates.

Tags
219, monitor, support