project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2008-09-06, 12:59   #11
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy
Default Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky - First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Rush View Post
i heard it was out , but im gonna download the game in torrent , i heard (like u said) that its available in russian , but i need it in english :S
im gonna wait for a week or so
Umm... Warezz?

Anyway, is this more of an RPG or more of an FPS?

Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 13:40   #12
thebusdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy View Post
Umm... Warezz?

Anyway, is this more of an RPG or more of an FPS?
bit of both i'd say
and, the patch seems to fix a shitload of issues (at least for me), so everyone who enjoyed shadow of chernobyl should try this too imo
thebusdriver is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 18:21   #13
supahpingi

Pre ordered 4 weeks ago,was supposed to be released after 3 weeks,29th of august,got delayed a week till 5 september,was supposed to get it yesterday,got email taht they couldnt supply it till 19th september = fail

Went ito store to find it(2 stores taht sell games in my town)but they havent even heard of the game = failx2,downloaded steam,yesterday it said 15 hours till unlock,so i could buy and download today,today it said that it was goign to unlock 15th september = failx3
Luckily i havent cancelled my pre order yet so i guess il have to wait for that.

This was my impression so far.............

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 20:32   #14
Phoenix.86
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahpingi View Post
Pre ordered 4 weeks ago,was supposed to be released after 3 weeks,29th of august,got delayed a week till 5 september,was supposed to get it yesterday,got email taht they couldnt supply it till 19th september = fail

Went ito store to find it(2 stores taht sell games in my town)but they havent even heard of the game = failx2,downloaded steam,yesterday it said 15 hours till unlock,so i could buy and download today,today it said that it was goign to unlock 15th september = failx3
Luckily i havent cancelled my pre order yet so i guess il have to wait for that.

This was my impression so far.............
So you would prefer a game you cant play due to the fact that no cd key is given in the manual due to a production mistake? This is the publishers fucking up, not the dev's or the game itself...
But yeah it's really sad that so many ppl who would like to play right now will have to wait some more, even if its just a little more than a week.

On topic, had some crashes by now but i played quite much today and all in all was around 3 or 4. Gameplay is still quite satisfying there's still a ****load of stuff to explore

ReadMenace: "...Could be wrong, the 6th soldier could be in the fetal position in the trunk. Or on the driver's lap. "Is that your radio poking me SL? Oh.. Ohgod.. It's not!"
Phoenix.86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 10:02   #15
supahpingi

Im not blaming the devs or anything,Clear sky is a great game IMO,but i just tought to show you my suffering over the game already,and the CDkey issue only happened in the US afaik.
Some europeans already have it and the game has gone gold for 2 weeks now,also no official comments on this has been given.But proud as i am i wont download the XD

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 10:11   #16
Thalin

I really want to enjoy this game, but i'm finding it hard. It seems open ended, I like being able to talk to everyone in Morrowind fashion, but the weapons just put me off. They look really bad, maybe that's just my PC, and the combat seems very old. There's no recoil on the guns etc.

Maybe i'm just too used to PR!
Thalin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 10:12   #17
Begbie
Banned

This game is so buggy is not even funny. Its like an alpha release!
Begbie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 10:44   #18
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

i heard about the bugs.

how big an issue are they??

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 11:00   #19
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

There are certain bugs that can ruin your savegame entirely.

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 11:40   #20
THE.FIST
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to THE.FIST

I passed this game 3 times the last one with cheatz the last patch fixing major bugs like savegame btw
THE.FIST is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chernobyl, clear, clear sky, impressions, sky, stalker, ukraine