project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-02-11, 21:34   #1
GD-Yankee

Default Napalm?

Wouldnt it be cool if planes had napalm, and launch them from da F-18 as seen in "Tears of Sun" i think it would be perfect for close air support

Kinda like this

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

- General George Patton

Ingame: Daddy-Yankee/GD
Last edited by GD-Yankee; 2006-02-11 at 21:41..
Old 2006-02-11, 21:52   #2
Happy
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to Happy

Naplam is no longer used by most armies.

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 22:22   #3
JellyBelly

I belive it was banned by the geneva convention. Only country to of used it in recent history during wartime were the Argentinians in the Falklands.

[RGG] - Pte.Phillips - www.rggsquad.co.uk - Arma ftw
Really Gay Guy

America was a tad late into the First World War. They redeemed themself's and came in slightly sooner in the Second. Now they seem determined to start the Third.
JellyBelly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 23:33   #4
GD-Yankee

damn

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

- General George Patton

Ingame: Daddy-Yankee/GD
GD-Yankee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 23:48   #5
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBelly
I belive it was banned by the geneva convention. Only country to of used it in recent history during wartime were the Argentinians in the Falklands.
I don't think its banned, its just discouraged. AFAIK, its only banned against civilians. The Pentagon claims to have destroyed all its napalm by 2001.
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 23:51   #6
Xeno426

Send a message via ICQ to Xeno426 Send a message via AIM to Xeno426 Send a message via MSN to Xeno426

I highly doubt that. When it comes to smoking an enemy out of dug-in positions, Napalm is one of the most effective means of doing so. The Pentagon has made several false claims before about either not using a particular weapon in wartime, or having destroy a cache of particular munitions. I wouldn't be surprised if they're lying through their noses.

Xeno426 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 23:55   #7
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno426
I highly doubt that. When it comes to smoking an enemy out of dug-in positions, Napalm is one of the most effective means of doing so. The Pentagon has made several false claims before about either not using a particular weapon in wartime, or having destroy a cache of particular munitions. I wouldn't be surprised if they're lying through their noses.
I also doubt it, especially when there are claims of Napalm being used at the beginning of the Iraq war. Thats why I said the Pentagon "claims" they destroyed it all.
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 00:03   #8
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I'm pretty sure incendiaries directly against civilian targets are banned. Against military targets this is not so. The Pentagon's napalm moves have mostly been driven by public opinion. In any case, fuel-air explosives have the same results, sometimes better, against fortifications without all the nasty pictures for the Times to circulate.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 08:14   #9
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikovK
I'm pretty sure incendiaries directly against civilian targets are banned. Against military targets this is not so.
The rules says its prohibited against civilians... But its pretty loosely stated, more like minimizing losses. If the US use these type of weapons in cities (like many believe they have with WP), they can always claim they are using it with care.

Incendiary weapons can be used with care, right?
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 08:20   #10
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

I love Napalm. I wish it had more of an effect in BF:V and I would love to see it as an antipersonel weopon in the mod.

Wraith is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
napalm