project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-11-10, 04:16   #51
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacamo
In a sense yes, but definitely not in the traditional sense. Light fighters are capable of carrying bomb loads that dwarf those of WW2 strategic bombers. Most of the vital infrastructure was destroyed in either the Gulf War or OIF.

my point: has the US gone into iraq and dropped thousands of pounds of explosives, yes. have they dropped them completely indiscriminately, no.

Old 2005-11-10, 04:28   #52
Beckwith

Send a message via AIM to Beckwith Send a message via MSN to Beckwith Send a message via Yahoo to Beckwith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
my point: has the US gone into iraq and dropped thousands of pounds of explosives, yes. have they dropped them completely indiscriminately, no.
that being said they havent been perfect and BA as Generation Kill spelled out there are times when American officers got to antsy and possible called in something that was overkill(no pun intended)

as far as the debate to WP being a band substance, land mines are banned but the US didnt sign that do to teh 1 million keeping North Korea from going south so just because we dont sign something doesnt make us a rogue state

this thread was a bad idea in the first place, YoJimbo i dont think you did this with any intended harm but i dont see this being a productive thread

Old 2005-11-10, 04:35   #53
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

i know they havnt been perfect, as i said from the get go its a bad situation. but its not like were carpet bombing the place into dust.

Old 2005-11-10, 07:12   #54
GRB

Send a message via MSN to GRB

The white phosphorus explosions are no where near as bad as the car bombs these insignificant insurgents use....

If someone is going to try and justify anything about the war your getting yourself into a big circle. Is it right to say, "hey, look what they're doing, we're gonna do this because what they're doing is worse." ? Morally no, its absolutely wrong... But in war, morals have to be set aside sometimes and certain things must be done to achieve an objective against a relentlessly hostile force. Especially when that hostile force will do ANYTHING to stop/destroy/kill you. Even strap hundreds of pounds of explosive to a car and blow themselves up, killing way more people than any white phosphorus explosion ever has.

You also have to remember that if the US is going to use tactics like this, they are going to try and confine it as much as possible. They aren't going to go, "hey, we think they are over here, drop a few bombs there and we'll see what happens.." No way man, its not like that.

As far as the innocent deaths go, i agree, that is horrible. I dont think the US even has the right to tell them to evacuate thier own cities...The problem is, it wasnt the US that ordered the evacuations, it was the Iraqi government themselves that ordered the evactuation. When your own country tells you to evacuate, and you dont listen, that is your own fault. Sympathy should not be given to those that did not listen, they obviously did not care, why should we?

Anyways, who knows if any of this is even true. I mean, that incident in that video could have been an accident. What if one of the white phosphorus flares was shot a little too low in the sky and wasnt done burning before it hit the ground? That would explain a lot of things. And its possible....

Old 2005-11-10, 15:16   #55
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to JS.Fortnight.A Send a message via AIM to JS.Fortnight.A Send a message via MSN to JS.Fortnight.A

cleaver_simian:

Personal insults towards other members are not tolerated, please be more considerate in future posting. Thank you.

This thread has been deemed hazardous to inciting personal attacks of forum members, therefore it is being closed.

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
Closed Thread

Tags
chemical, iraq, napalm, weapons