project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
19 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2014-11-04, 02:14   #1
Zyco187

Default Win 7 How to have 2 default audio devices

I have my audio connected to my amd 7770 to the tv thru the HDMI port and i usually just use the sound on my tv's speakers for my use on the pc

but when i game i plug my 3.5mm headset into the front audio port for games like PR. and i need it for games like PR....

but everytime i do this in order to get sound thru my 3.5mm headset i have to go in and change the windows default audio device to my front panel 3.5mm jack. i change it thru the little windows speaker icon in the taskbar

is there a way to get both my hdmi audio and front panel 3.5mm to be default audio both at the same time ?

Zyco187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 19:45   #2
MaSSive

Default Re: Win 7 How to have 2 default audio devices

There is no way to have 2 default audio devices. Hence, word default.

What you can do is to plug your headset in the TV if it has 3.5mm headset output or purchase a converter where you will be able to plug your headset.

Something like this.

MyCableMart.com

With it you will connect HDMI out from PC to this adapter, then from adapter to TV, and you can connect your headset to it without the need to use 2 audio devices ( you can disable onboard device ).

Downside of it is that you will need to invest some money in this adapter and additional HDMI cable for connection from adapter to TV.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 20:56   #3
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: Win 7 How to have 2 default audio devices

here is 10 software options:

Audio Switcher | SourceForge.net

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/easily-c...-vista-and-xp/

audioswitch - Switch between default audio input or output + change volume - Google Project Hosting

------
I haven't done this in years. I used NirCmd and a keyboard shortcut programmed for NirCmd. That way there is no audio software running to eat up system resources.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, default, devices, win