project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
22 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2014-03-08, 04:21   #1
22cal

Default Ukraine Map?

As many of you know, Ukraine is in a great deal of trouble with the invading Russian. Their is also a possibility of U.S. intervention in the near future.

What I would like to see is a Ukraine AAS map with the U.S.M.C. and Russian factions.

What better way for a realistic game like Project Reality, than an U.S. intervention against the Russians in a Ukrainian map.

22cal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 05:11   #2
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ukraine Map?

Moved from the suggestion forum..

If you want a specific map in the game the most likely for this to be achieved is to do it yourself.

Read the tuts and arm yourself with a good deal of patience

Last edited by [R-MOD]IINoddyII; 2014-03-08 at 08:01..
Old 2014-03-08, 08:57   #3
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cal View Post
As many of you know, Ukraine is in a great deal of trouble with the invading Russian. Their is also a possibility of U.S. intervention in the near future.

What I would like to see is a Ukraine AAS map with the U.S.M.C. and Russian factions.

What better way for a realistic game like Project Reality, than an U.S. intervention against the Russians in a Ukrainian map.
Sounds like you should get started, then, huh?
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 10:05   #4
SShadowFox

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...inners-up.html

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 13:54   #5
Careless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cal View Post
than an U.S. intervention against the Russians in a Ukrainian map.

Yeah, like, let's make a map with Russia against the American intervention in Iraq or Afghanistan. That would be cool

I think Germany would be more plausible? But then again.. I see Militia against Russia as the best place-holder until Polish/Ukrainian faction. USA vs Russia is played quite often (not that there are a lot of maps with them, but just the fact that those maps are played often)

To be honest, it would be cool to see new variations of factions playing against each other.

We also would need a good standardization of how realistic it would portray the politics nowadays. There's a small chance that Russia and China would wage war as they are more or less best friends nowadays (reference to Black Gold)

Careless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 02:32   #6
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
[SIZE="1"]
There's a small chance that Russia and China would wage war as they are more or less best friends nowadays (reference to Black Gold)
Really? In the event of a 'global war', relations between China, the US, and Russia would be fairly strained in every direction.
China and Russia would both be vying for regional power while the US is so ingrained in European and Asian politics that they would be pulled in to smaller conflicts in eastern Europe as well as the Pacific as both powers try to expand and assert control. The middle east would be the converging point for all three powers as they fight it out.

...I don't want to go on forever with this, but the war would eventually lead to a polar shift as the old superpowers are replaced by new ones stemming from Africa and South America.

AND THEN COME THE NUKES

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:49   #7
Marinko-YU

I think that the US intervention in Ukraine and finally a war between Russia and US would escalate in a much larger conflict on a much bigger area.

Marinko-YU is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 16:21   #8
Ollivander

[FONT="Impact"][/FONT]
Guys, the matter is that there are no Russian army in Ukraine. I am living in this region. I 've seen a number of cars with Russian numbers but it is not regular armed forces. It is volunteers as well as Serbians, and a couple of French fellas.
I know, your opinion is probably challenged now but the majority of mass media is simply lying. I do not fully support the separation of eastern regions form Ukraine but Ukranian army constantly kills civil people.
You, see, there is a prejudice that people of eastern Ukaraine are pro-Russian. it is true, certainly because many people have Russian origins. It is a stereotype that Russia is an aggressor. If Russians really wanted to capture Ukraine they would do it in two weeks.
The rest of Ukraine considers us to be criminals, drug-addicts, and hobos while nearly 30% of heavy industry are located in eastern Ukraine. The most of people here work at mines, factories, and plants. They work really hard. But for our pro-Russian orientation we are hated. Children, women, and seniour people are dying under Ukranian sheilings.

I liked the phrase of one Schotch guy: why should I to choose who am I: Schotch or British? What can I do if Iam both?" The same with us. We do not want to choose between Ukraine and Russia because we belong to both.

I am awfully sorry for off-top and flood but I noticed that you do not know the truth. Thank you.
Ollivander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 18:15   #9
[R-COM]KSVM_UA_
Ukrainian Faction Lead

Also, you can make a map for us, Ukrainian Armed Forces community faction. Like UAvsRU as STD/LRG and US vs RU as ALT.

"also known as shittiest PR-team signature pic wearer"

KSVM_UA_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 21:31   #10
Forgotten
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Or maybe PL vs UA (battle of Lwow for example ).
Forgotten is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
map, ukraine