project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2013-07-10, 01:14   #21
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Default Re: [Request] Battle of Mogadishu community help

Yeah having proper US kits for this could also permit the addition of some Gulf War map(s). I think a new map would be cool instead of Ramiel or a huge overhaul of the map, like new roads and less clutter.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 01:23   #22
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
I think a new map would be cool instead of Ramiel or a huge overhaul of the map, like new roads and less clutter.
Indeed, and reskinned buildings would greatly help, I can think of a bf2v building that could look very close to this (one on the left) with just a reskin.

http://i.imgur.com/cHAs4JK.jpg

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 01:23   #23
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Well that map I got off google scale is way off or is just representing it really, really badly as it looks from it you could fit the area into a 2km map, but measuring it out on google earth its more like a 6 to 8 km map if you where going to include the stadium in as well with 1:1 scale.

But if your seriously looking into making a proper Mogadishu map, what I would suggest is that instead of trying to make it all in 1:1 scale which with driving from the airport to the fight would take for ever etc, I would instead consider scaling down the map to fit in a 2km^2 area, then make the main central fighting area around abouts where it should be in 1:1 scale, then the areas around it you make with less an less detail other than parts where the convoy needs to go though, some really far away points you make with 0 detail (may even want to look at getting someone to make some super low poly buildings, possibly off the lods of current buildings and possibly of blocks of buildings) and you have then you set these low detail areas out of bounds to ground vehicles and infantry, possibly even aircraft too for seriously far away and ultra low detail areas, then you've got the best of both

This area is in 6.3 x 6.3kms

So you would take that area, making the Black Sea Area, chopper crash sites and possibly the Stadium in 1:1 detail, for the airport you make it in its new scale of if the suggested area above, going down to 2km^2 it would be the scale and the rest you would loosely base on the real city in low detail and making it a non-combat area for the most part

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2013-07-10 at 01:49..
Old 2013-07-12, 14:05   #24
Cossack
Supporting Member

Also, maybe about Delta - make them as limited kit or smt. Like FH2 There are like 10 to 20 available, but only thing they have are geo's and they are like regular Rifleman. What you say?

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 17:27   #25
[R-DEV]​Airsoft

stuff.

10th mountain

Super Six Four Crash site

some more here...
Operation Gothic Serpent
http://chindits.wordpress.com/tag/somalia/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack112 View Post
Also, maybe about Delta - make them as limited kit or smt. Like FH2 There are like 10 to 20 available, but only thing they have are geo's and they are like regular Rifleman. What you say?

Since looking at the pictures the majority of them used iron sights some of the alt kits could be delta kit geometries with car-15s.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Airsoft; 2013-07-12 at 17:40..
Old 2013-07-12, 18:06   #26
[R-DEV]​Airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
mainly that currently on the map in v1.0, its using modern weapons such as the M4s, which the US Army adopted sometime later, back then they had M16A2's afaik (not to be confused with the M16A4s the USMC use currently in PR, or the M16A1s in PR:V) as well as a few other things like older camo, etc
Some of the rifles from Hamas faction would fit for use. The others taken from Vietnam.
M249 iron sight for AR and M60 for machinegunner.

From what I observed
Conventional forces like 10th mtn and USMC wearing 6 color desert
http://chindits.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/s50.jpg

Rangers are seen wearing 3 color desert with woodland PASGT vest
Reskinned vbf2 usmc would be close to this

Delta wears the 3 color desert pattern with black kneepads, "hockey helmet", and vest with a large american flag on front.

Saw some mk19 hmmwvs in the task force ranger picture, all guns without shields, and a good number of the HMMWVs are painted woodland.

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:13   #27
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Im confused why are we not using ramiel for Mogadishu? It's a ready made fun map that would fit the fight perfectly. It seems like a complete waste of time making a whole other map when the current one is perfect. All that is needed to create the battle is to change a few kit geoms and weapons so why create all that hard work for yourself?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:31   #28
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft Soldier View Post
Some of the rifles from Hamas faction would fit for use. The others taken from Vietnam.
Those are M16A1s, not A2s...

(A1 on the top, A2 on the bottom)

However looking in the files there is one M16A2 made off the PR AR-15 series that is used by the IDF Alternative Rifleman

But that's only for the normal rifle version, no M203 UGL version although could use the M16A1 with UGL as a place holder for that as it isn't too far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_jnr_jnr View Post
Im confused why are we not using ramiel for Mogadishu? It's a ready made fun map that would fit the fight perfectly. It seems like a complete waste of time making a whole other map when the current one is perfect. All that is needed to create the battle is to change a few kit geoms and weapons so why create all that hard work for yourself?
I think only Kevokpo is really talking about making a new map from scratch here... Every other post (other than the ones talking about how best to make a new map if Kevokpo is seriously considering it) is talking about using Ramiel, with also possibly renaming it to Mogadishu....

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:47   #29
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Ah ok get it now, also does the IDF use the m16a2? I've never seen it i thought it was just HAMAS that use it.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:57   #30
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

HAMAS Uses the M16A1, at least in the ingame files and you would have to talk to an MA if the IDF do use the M16A2 in r/l, I don't know much about them but that's what the IDF Alt Rifleman is using ingame.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battle, community, mogadishu, request