project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
17 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2012-11-04, 05:29   #1
elc1247
Default Mic + VOIP never works (vanilla+PR)

apparently, my mic does not work period when it comes to BF2. Ive tried using the BF2VoiceSetup.exe that came with the original BF2, doesnt pick up anything. I have never gotten the mic to work with BF2 ever, and it is getting immensely irritating as this is a problem that ive been having for years and I have yet to find a workable fix to it.

BF2VoiceSetup doesnt pick up anything from my mic

BF2 does not pick up anything from my mic if I try to test the mic. (voip button does absolutely nothing, does not transmit at all)

PR does not pick up anything. (voip button does absolutely nothing, does not transmit at all)

Mumble however, does pick up my mic, but that doesnt help if the game doesnt allow me to use it.

my mic works perfectly fine with ALL of the rest of my programs including games.

I have a Logitech G930 headset (not that it matters, as this is a problem that has persisted no matter what mic i use) and i have no idea how to check what my audio card is. my MoBo is a ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 if that helps. also, if it helps, I am playing BF2 off of Steam.

and no, its not a port forwarding problem, if it was a problem with ports, then why would BF2VoiceSetup not pick up my mic at all?
elc1247 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:04   #2
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mic + VOIP never works (vanilla+PR)

Is your Punkbuster updated?
saw this browsing around
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomHelpThread
I found out a simple remedy to solve the problem. I have a logitech USB microphone, and since i reinstalled Bf2 after reinstalling XP awhile back, i forgot to update my Punkbuster software for bf2. So, go to the punkbuster website, download the 3 mgb file, seleect bf2 and update the software. It worked for me.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 23:12   #3
elc1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeHunt View Post
Is your Punkbuster updated?
saw this browsing around
yes, PB is updated, i have used the PB updater multiple times, as most servers will kick you if you dont have the latest version of PB. not only that, but PB automatically checks for updates when you install PR, so as far as I know, its not a PB problem.
Old 2012-11-05, 05:08   #4
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

heres some more stuff to try:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...setup-exe.html

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f37...t-working.html

Try to run BF2/PR as admin

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 05:24   #5
elc1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeHunt View Post
i already did a search around, and ive tried everything on those forums you linked to before I posted.

I am using a USB headset, which means my mic is not connected to a mic port, dxdiag does not detect any sound input, so i cant actually change any settings.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:07   #6
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Well since the G930 is just the G35 wireless version...

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...acting-up.html
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 09:58   #7
[R-DEV]​Psyrus

So... did that fix it?
Old 2012-11-11, 03:01   #8
elc1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Psyrus View Post
So... did that fix it?
ive been busy, ill have to get back to you on if it fixed it or not when I have the time to play the game again.

edit: checked the voice setup, nope, still doesnt pick up jack squat after I disabled the logitech software for my headset.
Old 2012-11-11, 08:50   #9
[R-DEV]​Psyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elc1247 View Post
ive been busy, ill have to get back to you on if it fixed it or not when I have the time to play the game again.

edit: checked the voice setup, nope, still doesnt pick up jack squat after I disabled the logitech software for my headset.
The voice setup has been known not to pick stuff up while it works in-game. You'll have to test in-game to be 100% sure. Please let us know when you get a chance. No hurry

Tags
mic, vanilla, voip, works