project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2013-08-23, 13:29   #2861
Doc.Pock

Doc.Pock's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

this one is for tim.

are we getting a new flaregun?
http://i.imgur.com/0NMeVNc.jpg
Doc.Pock is offline
Old 2013-08-23, 15:51   #2862
DonDOOM
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Supporting Member

DonDOOM's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.Pock View Post
this one is for tim. are we getting a new flaregun?
http://i.imgur.com/0NMeVNc.jpg

DonDOOM is offline
Old 2013-08-23, 16:19   #2863
titsmcgee852
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.Pock View Post
this one is for tim.

are we getting a new flaregun?
http://i.imgur.com/0NMeVNc.jpg
Maybe, they did post something similar not too long ago.
titsmcgee852 is offline
Old 2013-08-23, 18:47   #2864
Kerryburgerking

Kerryburgerking's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Balance isn't my main concern.
How about a frag round like on the RBS 70?
Kerryburgerking is offline
Old 2013-08-23, 18:53   #2865
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryburgerking View Post
How about a frag round like on the RBS 70?
Well most missiles are designed to explode near the target and not directly hit it as that's a very hard thing to do and we would also give our missiles a "proximity detection" to the target but as I've said, we won't know what its really like until we try it, preferably on a server full of players, as there are things like server lag etc to contend with.

Rhino is offline
Old 2013-08-24, 19:31   #2866
Furst

Furst's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Furst
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

Its been a few years now for me within this mod and ive gotta say that im absolutely happy that the 1.0 release hammered the game back on stage.

Thanks for all your efforts and providing us this gaming environment!

However, im sure 1.0 is still not optimized, but my biggest concern right now are those permanent server crashes. I dont see any thread where this was made topic yet so i was wondering if there was any feedback about this at all?

My mates and me enjoy the new version, but the amount of finished rounds is way behind the number of aborted/crashed ones, regardless on which server we play.

Im sure youll find ways to solve those problems!



Need Furst Aid?
Furst is offline
Old 2013-08-24, 21:41   #2867
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Tim270's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

We are definitely aware and are trying to work on performance and the stability of the mod. Things are definitely happening behind the scenes in those respects.

Tim270 is offline
Old 2013-08-25, 07:29   #2868
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

I was going to donate $100, but that money went to buying a laptop(had to use one) that actually can play PR instead.

Sorry.
ComradeHX is offline
Old 2013-08-25, 10:11   #2869
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

BloodyDeed's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furst View Post
Its been a few years now for me within this mod and ive gotta say that im absolutely happy that the 1.0 release hammered the game back on stage.

Thanks for all your efforts and providing us this gaming environment!

However, im sure 1.0 is still not optimized, but my biggest concern right now are those permanent server crashes. I dont see any thread where this was made topic yet so i was wondering if there was any feedback about this at all?

My mates and me enjoy the new version, but the amount of finished rounds is way behind the number of aborted/crashed ones, regardless on which server we play.

Im sure youll find ways to solve those problems!
Don't worry, server crashes are our number one priority to take a look at the moment.
There are a lot of discussions going on in DEV and ServerAdmin forums.

BloodyDeed is offline
Old 2013-08-25, 11:37   #2870
Felix

Felix's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the [Dev]s a (?)

This Camp Bastion map... Are there any updates on it?

Twig life
Felix is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
1.0 release on 09/01/2013, 1.0 release on 33/33/33, bavarian beer ftw!, dev, devs, devs are conspirators, do you like pancakes?, do you like waffles, doc.pock isn't funny, heureux is shemale, its conspiracy, matroxlovestheladies, pr1.0 on august 2, tennis balls, the end is near, tinfoil hats mandatory, what's up with crysis?, who said i hate devs?, whycantwehavenicethings?, yes i like waffles
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:13.