project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
17 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2012-05-05, 03:20   #1
=SAGA=Green_yy
Default Mumble not compatible with in-game VOIP

After installing the latest mumble, I find my in-game VOIP dosen't work functionally.It's like squad members can hear me via VOIP but I can't hear them. And after uninstalling the mumble, in-game VOIP works fine again.

CPU:AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Memory:4G 1333 MHz
Video Card:ATI Radeon HD 6520G

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
=SAGA=Green_yy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 08:05   #2
MaSSive

Default Re: Mumble not compatible with in-game VOIP

Thats really strange. Uninstall it to make voip work? What about just dont run it?

Only thing I can think of is either ports or Windows 7 and its media settings. It might be lowering bf2 voip sounds to prioritize Mumble. Cause Windows dont count in game voip as actual voip application, and will always prioritize Mumble or TS3 and lower all other sounds. Just guessing here though. Does this happen when you use Teamspeak 3 and other voip programs or just Mumble?

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 08:14   #3
=SAGA=PumaZh
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to =SAGA=PumaZh

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Thats really strange. Uninstall it to make voip work? What about just dont run it?

Only thing I can think of is either ports or Windows 7 and its media settings. It might be lowering bf2 voip sounds to prioritize Mumble. Cause Windows dont count in game voip as actual voip application, and will always prioritize Mumble or TS3 and lower all other sounds. Just guessing here though. Does this happen when you use Teamspeak 3 and other voip programs or just Mumble?
it happens just when use Mumble. And simpley dont run it doesn't help.
=SAGA=PumaZh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 18:00   #4
Rohane

Hey there, I'd like to report that I have the same problem as well. Doesn't work with or without mumble. In fact somehow I managed to break it and now it's not working at all (When I hit 'B' I get no green speaker indicator.)

Graphics: Radeon HD 6720G2 w/ 1 gig dedicated
Ram: 4 gigs
CPU: AMD A6-3400M APU w/ Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40 Ghz (Quad Core)
Rohane is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
compatible, ingame, mumble, voip