project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
07 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2017-06-27, 00:28   #1
QuickLoad

Default need help with shadowplay(nvidia recording software) and Win 7

So I looked at the 10-15 minute recording pieces before, but I had always thought that it was an issue of Shadowplay and everyone had this problem. Until recently I always thought this but a friend I was playing with who sometimes uses shadowplay had said that his 1 hour of footage is recording in 1 piece, instead of mine which was like 3-5 pieces.(this frustrated me when ti came to placing the hour into the editor, as i'd have to render 3-5 different pieces.)

Anyways, I looked into it again and found that Win7 has a limitation of buffering and can only buffer around 3.8-4.0 gb of footage before restarting, hence why 1 hour of footage might be cut into 10-15 minutes of videos.(and yes, shadowplay records MASSIVE fiel sizes, obs is around 1 hour = 1gb, shadowplay 3 minutes = 1gb)

The solution to this? Upgrade the OS.
However I was hoping to find a way to just upgrade Win7 as it is to allow for continuous buffering, as I read in some of the other posts. I would've asked for help there but those posts are 4 or more years old, and the patch that Nvidia promised 4 years ago to help Win7 record for more than 4.0gb has been pretty much kicked into the dust.

I know a lot of people here are really good with software and hardware, but I am complete garbage at this kind of stuff.

Sorry, ended up having to be a lot of text but it gives a full rundown.

TLDR: Need help to learn how to have Shadowplay record 1 hour in 1 clip, instead of 5 clips. Win7 limits each clip to be about 3.8-4.0gb, Win8+ doesnt. Heard there was a way to unlimit Win7, don't know how. Also if I must upgrade to Win8+, need help on how.

Thank you
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 09:40   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: need help with shadowplay(nvidia recording software) and Win 7

Use OBS.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 10:01   #3
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

If it's a software issue from Nvidia then there's not much anyone can do.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 20:56   #4
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]AlonTavor View Post
Use OBS.
I usually do yeah but on games(including PR believe it or not) such as planetside2, rainbow six siege, OBS just uses too much CPU power and reduces my frames or lags me to the point where recording isn't even worth it(or in in R6 / PR to the point where i'm not being a good player)
Old 2017-06-27, 20:57   #5
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
If it's a software issue from Nvidia then there's not much anyone can do.
darn

Tags
recording, shadowplaynvidia, software, win