project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2008-07-18, 12:13   #11
SuperTimo

SuperTimo's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

SuperTimo agreez

SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:13   #12
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

AnimalMother.'s Avatar
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

sounds awesome!

also had another idea for an OPFOR faction, koreans?

think to the news last year, with them going nuclear and everyone worried, surely it wouldn't be hard that in the PR future they got more powerful and the west had to intervene?

you could have maps based on the underground nuclear facilities in the valleys, would be quite good

ideas, and should i start a new thread on it to avoid hijacking here?

btw i have very basic coding skills so will hardly be able to contribute sadly (spose i could learn though)
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:15   #13
Brummy

Brummy's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Brummy
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sars99 View Post
sounds awesome!

also had another idea for an OPFOR faction, koreans?

think to the news last year, with them going nuclear and everyone worried, surely it wouldn't be hard that in the PR future they got more powerful and the west had to intervene?

you could have maps based on the underground nuclear facilities in the valleys, would be quite good

ideas, and should i start a new thread on it to avoid hijacking here?


btw i have very basic coding skills so will hardly be able to contribute sadly (spose i could learn though)
Yes Please do! Thanks for the good words people!

Currently working on a design plan.

Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:33   #14
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Depening on my workload I stand ready for duty as well. We really need more factions like this..
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:37   #15
Maxfragg

Maxfragg's Avatar
Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

agree, a new opfor would be cool, and a african army might be usefull, in points of equipment they will be between militia and MEC i guess ? (not complete up to the regular armys, but better armed then militia)

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Maxfragg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:43   #16
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Spush's Avatar
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

I like this idea and would like to help in some way

Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:47   #17
ValerioZ.[ITA]

ValerioZ.[ITA]'s Avatar
Send a message via MSN to ValerioZ.[ITA]
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Mmmm.. Interesting ... and think that the Italy send advisers in the Congo.

The Army of Congo ,use weapons such as Fn FAL or Sterling or WW2 weapons.
Korobov TKB-517 ?
Type 68 ?
STG44 ?
Uzi ?

ValerioZ.[ITA] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:50   #18
BetterDeadThanRed

BetterDeadThanRed's Avatar
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

I'm not quite sure how I can approach this without being accused as a racist.

First off, I don't know what factions kits you could reskin. It would look rather absurd to just slap a black skin on the MEC soldiers as there is a major difference in facial structure. I think that is your only stumbling block, and its a major one. That's quite a project to make an entirely new set of soldier models, unless you just use the black USMC guy for all of the models.

Second of all, you need a BLUFOR to face off with them:

Navy SEALs! Wooo!

LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline
Last edited by BetterDeadThanRed; 2008-07-18 at 12:56..
Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:57   #19
Brummy

Brummy's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Brummy
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed View Post
I'm not quite sure how I can approach this without being accused as a racist.

First off, I don't know what factions kits you could reskin. It would look rather absurd to just slap a black skin on the MEC soldiers as there is a major difference in facial structure. I think that is your only stumbling block, and its a major one. That's quite a project to make an entirely new set of soldier models, unless you just use the black USMC guy for all of the models.

Second of all, you need a BLUFOR to face off with them:
http://www.impawards.com/2003/poster...of_the_sun.jpg
Navy SEALs! Wooo!
US Rifleman? Opponent is mentioned in my first post. NATO countries. UK, US, Germany (if they finish before us), Dutch (if they finish before us) maybe ADF (if they finish before us).

Anyway, here's my Design Plan. It's made in Excel though, as I thought that most people have Microsoft Office and Google Spreadsheets were just too slow for me.

Note, xlsx is for Excel 2007, xls for 97-03.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Congo Design.zip (18.6 KB, 48 views)

Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:05   #20
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

AnimalMother.'s Avatar
Default Re: The Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerioZ.[ITA] View Post
Mmmm.. Interesting ... and think that the Italy send advisers in the Congo.

The Army of Congo ,use weapons such as Fn FAL or Sterling or WW2 weapons.
Korobov TKB-517 ?
Type 68 ?
STG44 ?
Uzi ?
now that i like! if that could be mixed in somewhere it'd be awesome
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
africans, army, congo, democratic, faction, proposal, republic, this is congo!!
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30.