project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
20 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2014-05-28, 12:54   #101
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ask the (WW2-DEVS) a question ?

That's awesome

Also, has anyone figured out how to make the last shot out of an M1 Garand eject the clip from the rifle or does it still only "ping" out when you hit the reload button? I guess one way to get around this would be to just enable the automatic reload but I don't like playing PR with it on.
Darman1138 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 14:49   #102
shahram

Great.
When will it be released? please say a date and I hope it will be very soon.
I have many questions that they will be asked continual;
- Will it be a stand alone game? ( or it will be a update for PR v1.X? )
- How much size will it have?
- Will there be a Panzerschreck ( if I type properly )?
- Will there be many different type of tanks like tank destroyer?
- Will there be huge or big maps like kashan and burning sands for armored assault?

I hope you don't manipulate machine guns like MP40 or Thompson. they are real and unlike FH ( I like this game except this feature ) they are not noise maker or room guns .

I think it is enough for now.
shahram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 14:51   #103
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It auto-reloads, you don't have to press "reload". You can't manually reload the Garand in PR:WW2, because that's just how BF2 works (weird, but that's just how it is).

No date yet, sorry.

We hope to have a Panzerschreck, yes.

Same tanks as before, though a lot more optimized.

We don't (yet?) have 4km maps, only 1km and 2km.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 08:14   #104
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
It auto-reloads, you don't have to press "reload". You can't manually reload the Garand in PR:WW2, because that's just how BF2 works (weird, but that's just how it is).
You can disable the auto reload, which is what I do. If you boot up vanilla BF2 and go to "Options" it should automatically put you under the "Game Options" window. There's a check box on the left that you can uncheck so that when your clip is empty it won't automatically reload. I've had PR firefights before where I forgot to reload and when I ran into someone I had that heart pounding moment when I put them in my sights, pull the trigger and hear a click and have to try and reload before the other guy can hit me.

The only time I've run into a problem before was with the Garand and the clip ejecting because it's the only one that as something happen when it fires it's last shot in the clip.

imgur: the simple image sharer
Old 2014-05-29, 08:25   #105
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

iirc there are setting that you can apply to a weapon that will make it auto-reload even with that setting unchecked in the user settings. Can't remember what it is right now but pretty sure there is something there for it, pretty much all vehicle weapons use it. Something the PR:WW2 guys should possibly look into doing?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 08:57   #106
Darman1138
Supporting Member

So even with that, I'm guessing that there's some type of coding getting in the way so that you guys can't make it do something animation wise when it fires it's last shot?
Old 2014-06-01, 01:28   #107
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Well we have 2 options :

Make it reload when you shoot the last shot only. So you have to empty all your ammo and can't reload mid-clip. The "ping" feature will work perfectly. It won't be very realistic though, as a Garand CAN be reloaded mid-clip.

Make it reload anytime with the "ping" when you press "reload". The "ping" feature will work well when you empty the whole clip like the first option. However, when you reload mid-clip, it will still "ping" the clip, even if normally mid-clip, you would pull the bolt back and not magically eject the clip.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 07:10   #108
Darman1138
Supporting Member

It wasn't that common to do that though, was it? I can't find any sources but I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

Any idea as to which one you guys are leaning towards? If you make it so you can't reload it, would it help with balancing the Allies vs Axis? Since the Kar98 is bolt action and only has 5 bullets per clip, they're at a disadvantage as they were in real life against the US with their semi auto 8 round Garand clips.
Old 2014-06-01, 08:20   #109
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Do the first option, as wasn't that how it was before?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 07:03   #110
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post

Make it reload anytime with the "ping" when you press "reload". The "ping" feature will work well when you empty the whole clip like the first option. However, when you reload mid-clip, it will still "ping" the clip, even if normally mid-clip, you would pull the bolt back and not magically eject the clip.
With this second method, when the clip is empty, it doesn't "ping" out until you press reload.
But when you set it to auto-reload (in the weapon code), you can't reload midclip.

Perhaps the only way out of this (I think), is if the BF2 setting "auto reload" is checked, rather than setting it through code. But then that would count for all weapons, which obviously isn't what you want.

BF2 and its ways .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
#adopt anthony, groho is god, ndevs, poxo is ghey, question, ww2devs