project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
16 Jan 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2019-01-14, 23:36   #181
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: BF2 HD Remastered 3.0 Beta - 2017 - Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
We need it in PR.
Bottom line is the scopes were too low quality (targets where all pixely) and not worth the performance impact.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:20   #182
B4rr3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
Ah! you mean something like this:

That's something different ye. B4rr3l made it similar to us, with the use of blur shaders around the scope to fake the effect and the 3D model of the inside of the scope with some good gradient textures.
mine also have some zoom inside the scope only but it's bad santas creation, I think it must zoom in current pixels through pixel shader (which make it pixelated if used too much zoom in)

That one in the video seems to render another image and seem in good resolution even with lot's of zoom which is very cool ( I love it) but probabye more heavy and cpu intensive.
Last edited by B4rr3l; Yesterday at 04:44..
Old Yesterday, 08:41   #183
PatrickLA_CA

Well, I mean it would look good for normal rifle optics that don't have too much zoom. Maybe for snipers it can remain as it is. But if it uses a distortion to only zoom in the middle then the base zoom can be increased and then only slightly zoom in the middle like 20% more zoom than outside the scope. I mean in your videos, it looks really good.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:14   #184
B4rr3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Well, I mean it would look good for normal rifle optics that don't have too much zoom. Maybe for snipers it can remain as it is. But if it uses a distortion to only zoom in the middle then the base zoom can be increased and then only slightly zoom in the middle like 20% more zoom than outside the scope. I mean in your videos, it looks really good.
Is a half way between realistic and fun, cause the full zoom in the scope (as in escape from tarkov or the video above) makes it really hard to shoot any moving target, making scoped rifles less efficient and much harder to kill than non scoped ones.
B4rr3l is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:32   #185
B4rr3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Bottom line is the scopes were too low quality (targets where all pixely) and not worth the performance impact.
that is caused by the newer object space shader with is much more intensive, I've used the old version with is basically a blur mask in the outer area and a pixel zoom in the center area (averaging pixel zoom from 30% for Acog and Elcan up to 50% into bolt action long scopes). Plus some default bf2 zoom to make the approximation right for each scope.
B4rr3l is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
165, 2017, beta, bf2, bf2 hd maps, fullhd, official, remastered, vanilla