project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-01-08, 15:44   #1
Grump/Gump.45

Default The future of Project Reality

I had a vision the other day while taking a shower, felt as though I was thinking the thoughts that someone else already thought before. I will explain how I saw the natural path of development ideas not just for this game but the Project Reality Mod franchise play style itself.

Project Reality when it started in 2005 was the first and only game of its kind, big maps providing terrain, lots of players. The removal of enemy name tags to use camouflage like bushes or added realism to sounds of movement while hidden. A place where humans could practice the ancient natural instinct skills of combat and hunting in a simulator with modern weapons. Realism providing immersive situations whether it be stealth or going loud.

Of course with the advent of modern technology, non-educational distractions, entertainment, arcade video games and academic education that doesn't focus on these skills they have deteriorated as more generations live in cities. This is a result of governments or overall establishment that doesn't want their citizens to know the skills. So for the most part the instinct part of these human skills have deteriorated because hunting, awareness of prey or enemy perceptions is not taught. Some people the skills are just genetically locked away in the mind, develop through common sense or their own educational interests. This is why I put together the "Squad v19 and Project Reality 1.6 Teamwork" playlist to teach no matter the experience or skill level, it will teach you skills directly. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j4SCf7-W4-gtgi

Then the idea of Squad being a successor to Project Reality. The idea is like this, everything Project Reality has Squad will eventually get, but the crazy thing is Project Reality just keeps getting more and more developments. Then another part of the vision I saw was PR:VR, Project Reality Virtual Reality will one day happen by nature. We just need developers who can do virtual reality development with the body tracking, making small things like loading individual bullets work plus aircraft like helicopters and jets.

Its going to be amazing. BF:3 Project Reality is happening, it will more than likely happen with Battlefield:4 and BF:1 on those engines. WW1 Project Reality will likely happen too, it would be nice for it to happen on BF:2 engine first since we have almost all the rifles for some factions like British, German and Russian factions. So anything in those games can also get BF:2 PR factions, maps and assets plus its own. In the mean time keep it 1 man per piece of cover, move cover to cover, stay in view of each other to save each other, explosive spread from grenade, RPG and mortars. Camouflage squad in flag cap zones when you can as was just described, listen for enemy footsteps on the outside of your position.

The DEVs are making some great games by pioneering the video games that should be programming human skills and teamwork behaviors. Games that differ by changing player base minds programmed by arcade style game communities play style and typical dialogue of communication. The first to give us what we actually wanted or needed, starting in 2004.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-01-09 at 00:37.. Reason: missed word in sentence
Old 2021-01-08, 21:04   #2
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: The future of Project Reality

Huh okay, well yeah?

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 21:16   #3
akilmaf

Unhappy Re: The future of Project Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I had a vision the other day while taking a shower, felt as though I was thinking the thoughts that someone else already thought before. I will explain how I saw the natural path of development ideas not just for this game but the Project Reality Mod franchise play style itself.

Project Reality when it started in 2005 was the first and only game of its kind, big maps providing terrain, lots of players. The removal of enemy name tags to use camouflage like bushes or added realism to sounds of movement while hidden. A place where humans could practice the ancient natural instinct skills of combat and hunting in a simulator with modern weapons. Realism providing immersive situations whether it be stealth or going loud.

Of course with the advent of modern technology, non-educational distractions, entertainment, arcade video games and academic education that doesn't focus on these skills they have deteriorated as more generations live in cities. This is a result of governments or overall establishment that doesn't want their citizens to know the skills. So for the most part the instinct part of these human skills have deteriorated because hunting, awareness of prey or enemy perceptions is not taught. Some people the skills are just genetically locked away in the mind, develop through common sense or their own educational interests. This is why I put together the "Squad v19 and Project Reality 1.6 Teamwork" playlist to teach no matter the experience or skill level, it will teach you skills directly.

Then the idea of Squad being a successor to Project Reality. The idea is like this, everything Project Reality has Squad will eventually get, but the crazy thing is Project Reality just keeps getting more and more developments. Then another part of the vision I saw was PR:VR, Project Reality Virtual Reality will one day happen by nature. We just need developers who can do virtual reality development with the body tracking, making small things like loading individual bullets work plus aircraft like helicopters and jets.

Its going to be amazing. BF:3 Project Reality is happening, it will more than likely happen with Battlefield:4 and BF:1 on those engines. WW1 Project Reality will likely happen too, it would be nice for it to happen on BF:2 engine first since we have almost all the rifles for some factions like British, German and Russian factions. So anything in those games can also get BF:2 PR factions, maps and assets plus its own. In the mean time keep it 1 man per piece of cover, move cover to cover, stay in view of each other to save each other, explosive spread from grenade, RPG and mortars. Camouflage squad in flag cap zones when you can as was just described, listen for enemy footsteps on the outside of your position.

The DEVs are making some great games by pioneering the video games that should be programming human skills and teamwork behaviors. Games that differ by changing player base minds programmed by arcade style game communities play style and typical dialogue of communication. The first to give us what we actually wanted or needed, starting in 2004.
WTF did I just read.
akilmaf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 21:48   #4
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post

Of course with the advent of modern technology, non-educational distractions, entertainment, arcade video games and academic education that doesn't focus on these skills they have deteriorated as more generations live in cities. This is a result of governments or overall establishment that doesn't want their citizens to know the skills. So for the most part the instinct part of these human skills have deteriorated because hunting, awareness of prey or enemy perceptions is not taught. Some people the skills are just genetically locked away in the mind, develop through common sense or their own educational interests. This is why I put together the "Squad v19 and Project Reality 1.6 Teamwork" playlist to teach no matter the experience or skill level, it will teach you skills directly.

Interesting thoughts Grump!
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 22:25   #5
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

I'm quite far from Ireland, but those shrooms might just be worth the trip.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 05:10   #6
Zylfrax791

You guys never cease to amaze me with your dedication to the craft... honestly...
Zylfrax791 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 05:15   #7
Iguanadjy

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 16:37   #8
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

This man spitting facts like no other, leaving everyone in the gutter.

You would think he gives a damn, like an otter...

Project Reality is the real deal, it's where we live our online lives...

Don't agree? I'll take this to your mother...

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 21:23   #9
rogdozz

I would hope your suggestions come true Grump, however I think none of the upcoming "PR successors" will become even nearly as good as PR:BF2. I won't bother playing any of them unless they turn out surprisingly good
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-10, 16:26   #10
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
I would hope your suggestions come true Grump, however I think none of the upcoming "PR successors" will become even nearly as good as PR:BF2. I won't bother playing any of them unless they turn out surprisingly good
Battlefield 3 Project Reality will take some time to get up to BF2 PR level. As long as tree destruction and ground deformation from craters stay it will be a good game. Camouflage vegetation renders a lot farther too. There is also many tools for them to create more factions, uniforms, maps. They pushed back its release to Q1 2020. Lots of potential with maps destruction, it will start out green then give craters with destruction. It will start out like Squad with light vehicles until everything is re-worked with armor damage models. Lots more faster development potential in these games.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote