project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-03-30, 18:48   #11
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Alt breacher kit suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
This kit would come with the short range sights like what we have now, but instead of a rope, it comes with a short ladder that can scale over fences and walls. This ladder is quick to deploy and makes very little noise compared to the grappling hook, so it could be a reason squads would want this for different situations.
This is the smallest tactical telescopic folding ladder I could find. Aside from the fact its unwieldy to carry by a foot soldier, its more of a thing you carry in your vehicle. Im going to get one for my truck now. Its just not realistic to carry, maybe when we we Project Reality Virtual Reality we can load this into the storage space of our vehicles then take it out.
https://botach.com/telesteps-1600et-...oping-ladders/

12 feet will get you ONLY to 2nd floor with ladder. Throw ropes when heavy fighting is going on, not everyone should go up it. Procedure for throwing rope and waiting for rope safely is same for breaching door ways, no stacking. What you do is explosive spread of grenades/RPG in view of each other to save each other being 1 man per cover. Go up rope 1 at a time, secure room 1st man for rest, wait for 2nd man to move further. Outside last man going up security is scan high, low, far, close windows/roof/balconies of building you are breaching and other buildings in view, folding your position closer to the rope from a spot where a friendly who safely waited there just went up, then its your turn. Danger space awareness and scan. Let me show you that ladder clicks loudly for only getting you to the second floor, its really cool though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaEUfaPZpKg

Stop throwing ropes to top floor so you have less way to travel getting each man going in one at a time in safely. Going up a ladder i argue is more dangerous than a rope. In real life grapple hook is used for one man to go up, secure real rope to anchor for rest. This is almost never done with ropes though so much so i find no photos or videos of it being used because of how brief and temporary it is.

Also in destroyed places you barely notice these ropes, ropes is how fighters bypass their own booby traps in the lower parts of building usually floors 1-3, same can also happen where a rope stationed for floor 6 starts at floor 3 to bypass floor 4-5 booby traps(mechanical swinging or small explosive traps to not level building). Multiple layers. If a building needs to be breached they do use ladders like in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgcV...-gtgi&index=45

I feel like you complain about rope being too loud because everyone bunching up below to get on it fast, dying, getting grenades or shot very fast when they are conveniently bunched together. This is where the people ruin it, the ones who follow nut to butt without spreading, taking turns, waiting, taking it SWAT style slow as the security spacing and pacing of task goes with the anti-sniper dance(2 steps forward, 2 steps back, dont do this you will never last). Taking it slow doesnt mean you move slowly at all times, you just check transitional spaces. Cover to cover, the corner is where you take it slow, moving along wall with exposure to wide area is move fast.

What video games were supposed to be, all were supposed to be like Project Reality in terms of fighting style, terrain, shooting with an element of realism. Not like where arcade games spammed out with kill notifications, kill streaks, kill feed, HUD. Not like Call of Duty giving us the spawn, sprint, die repeat which programmed away in peoples minds lots of learning potential and wasted time. In the future everything will be made right though with Project Reality, the first game of its kind.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-03-30 at 19:05..
Old 2021-03-30, 19:13   #12
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

I guess I recall seeing several modern war docs with soldiers using quick deploy ladders similar to the one you linked to, but it does make sense that they would not ordinarily be carried around.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 21:52   #13
dcm

Where's the saiga for russian breacher?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 02:33   #14
BRZbruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Where's the saiga for russian breacher?
Never because Russian Military doesn't use it.

BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 15:26   #15
Coalz101

I have an idea but people will probably hate me, but it will work well for insurgency gamemode. Have alternative breacher kit get Flashbangs only instead of grenades. It will really be helpful to prevent people from sitting on Fatal Funnel caches camping the only entrance.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 16:39   #16
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

And what would flashbangs accomplish that smoke grenades don't?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 19:39   #17
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Smoke blocks the view of BOTH - attacker - defender.
Flashbang blinds (block view) only defender if used correctly (no team blinds).

Edit :
Sorry forgot about that. It could also blind an vehicle with enhanced visions. Normal smoke dont.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 12:44   #18
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastjack View Post
Smoke blocks the view of BOTH - attacker - defender.
Flashbang blinds (block view) only defender if used correctly (no team blinds).
What Jack said.
With your enemy blinded and you being able to see perfectly fine, it will be easy to rush the cache while your enemy becomes clueless of where they are shooting. On top of that, it will be useful for room clearing especially when it comes to bunkers where enemy just camp the staircase.

I'd suggest atleast 5 seconds of blind time if you are close (10m/5m indoors/outdoors respectively) to the flashbang and looked at it, maybe less based on distance
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 20:22   #19
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

No please! I take everything back! No more BLUFOR buffs on INS!

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote