project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-02-17, 19:17   #1
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Alt breacher kit suggestion

This kit would come with the short range sights like what we have now, but instead of a rope, it comes with a short ladder that can scale over fences and walls. This ladder is quick to deploy and makes very little noise compared to the grappling hook, so it could be a reason squads would want this for different situations.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 13:41   #2
rogdozz
Default Re: Alt breacher kit suggestion

I like this idea
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 17:54   #3
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Actually while we are talking about breaching things, someone suggested giving the combat engineer a pair of bolt cutters that can pretty much silently open doors. This may be me being a BLU-whore because it is mostly insurgency maps that have doors and gates that can be opened, but it would be something that gives people other options if they really want them.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
Old 2021-03-03, 11:47   #4
Iguanadjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
Actually while we are talking about breaching things, someone suggested giving the combat engineer a pair of bolt cutters that can pretty much silently open doors. This may be me being a BLU-whore because it is mostly insurgency maps that have doors and gates that can be opened, but it would be something that gives people other options if they really want them.
Yep that was me cutting holes in fences would be awesome (Masirah...)

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 13:20   #5
UncleSmek

The rope is a huge part of PR meta just as the ammo a rifleman is carrying.

If you want ladders, go play squad.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 18:44   #6
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Didn't know Squad had ladders that's cool. I see what you mean, I was just thinking about it from a realism and gameplay standpoint. The rope sound and mechanic is cool and all a part of the game for sure, but adding a simple ladder that can scale the short stone walls, and at most the chain link fences if even that, would be great for moving across cities. Of course it would not work on mountainous terrain, tall fences, or cliffs, but it would great for moving across cities. It would also not be completely silent, it needs some sound for its deployment, as well as the built in sound of people climbing ladders. It's role would be pretty niche to be honest because the rope is much more versatile and most cities have routes around walls that are fairly easy to find, but for a squad trying to be extremely mobile and avoid contact in cities, it could be a game changer.

Old 2021-03-07, 18:29   #7
UncleSmek

I might be talking out of my ass but i think the amount of ladders is limited. If anything it would be nice with a much longer rope and further throw.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 18:59   #8
Danielj15

shit idea

Danielj15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 01:59   #9
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

The ladders are limited for sure that's a thing.

Old 2021-03-09, 04:40   #10
BRZbruh

Thank you Daniel J Danielson for the feedback, I wholeheartedly agree.
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote