project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-01-10, 17:24   #11
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: The future of Project Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
There is also many tools for them to create more factions, uniforms, maps.
Are you sure about that?

Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 00:44   #12
BRZbruh

I wholeheartedly agree with this vision on the future of project reality.
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 11:01   #13
rogdozz

Quote:
Battlefield 3 Project Reality will take some time to get up to BF2 PR level. As long as tree destruction and ground deformation from craters stay it will be a good game. Camouflage vegetation renders a lot farther too. There is also many tools for them to create more factions, uniforms, maps. They pushed back its release to Q1 2020. Lots of potential with maps destruction, it will start out green then give craters with destruction. It will start out like Squad with light vehicles until everything is re-worked with armor damage models. Lots more faster development potential in these games.
You are assuming the devs are competent. Look at SQUAD, they had all the tools they needed and still messed the game up from a gameplay perspective (no proper deviation/weapon sway, no proper suppression, anyone can revive, etc.)
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 14:59   #14
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Are you sure about that?
So compared to making BF2 Project Reality factions will there be more or less difficulty in making factions in BF3 PR? Squad made mistakes along the line ,it appears they hired new team members that dont share or werent raised on the concept of game play from Project Reality. Either that or they did this with original team. I feel like developers should practice things like hiking in plate carriers/battlebelt/backpacks, shouldering a weapon for an hour straight to learn realistic sway happenings and walking up up inclines. Just so we can know they made the experience authentic.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 15:16   #15
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
You are assuming the devs are competent. Look at SQUAD, they had all the tools they needed and still messed the game up from a gameplay perspective (no proper deviation/weapon sway, no proper suppression, anyone can revive, etc.)
Everyones ability to revive is result of engine limitations if I remember corectly. In PR you can pick medic kit, in Squad you can not.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 15:35   #16
transpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Everyones ability to revive is result of engine limitations if I remember corectly. In PR you can pick medic kit, in Squad you can not.
as far as I remember the discussion back then the DEVs didnt want people to be able to pick up kits.

PR could have become a better game if steam would have been possible...
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 16:06   #17
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
as far as I remember the discussion back then the DEVs didnt want people to be able to pick up kits.
I remember this engine limitation argument. What ever it is, giving everybody ability to revive is not gamebreacking change as many clame, but ofcors if done properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
PR could have become a better game if steam would have been possible...
So true.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 19:48   #18
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
So compared to making BF2 Project Reality factions will there be more or less difficulty in making factions in BF3 PR?
I think you all heavily overestimate the current capabilities of Frostbite engine modding platforms.

Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 06:05   #19
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
It wasn't an engine limitation, they didn't want kits to be dropped. Hence why patches revive everyone.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 13:57   #20
rogdozz

Quote:
I am pretty sure the shortsighted SQUAD devs didn't implement the ability to pick up kits because "its not realistic" (I might misremember here though). And then they had to make everyone able to revive as a work around. They are laughably incompetent.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote