project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
14 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-12-12, 17:47   #1
Dankx
Default I LOVE THIS GAME BUT MY FRAMES!!!

So i have been searching for solutions too my fps problems and i cant seem to find any so i decided too look for some help on the forums.
My fps are really bad 40ish in non crowded areas 20ish and 10ish on crowded areas. I really love this game but i cant play a shooter game with these frames, or any game really. My computer meets the system requirements ( i think ) .

Intel Core 2 duo e7200 2.5 ghz OC ( 3.17 ghz )
4gb RAM
gtx 460 1gb vram

I have read threads before saying PR likes good single core processors. I personally dont think 3.17 is bad when 3.20ghz is the recomended.
Can i somehow improve my fps without changing my hardware in PR ?( i have already tried tweaking my graph settings and it doesnt work ) And if not which is the cheapest alternative build for this game ?( Cpu ram and graph wise )

Please help me guys this is the only type of shooting game i seem too enjoy.. cant stand that unrealistic COD and BF stuff.
Dankx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 16:27   #2
fpspromotion

Default Re: I LOVE THIS GAME BUT MY FRAMES!!!

For game before 2011 yes, today games can be played on LOW-->MED

i just found this useful website

you put your processor
ram
graphiccards
game
and it checks the database for results

i just gave a similar 1 giga graphiccards as reference, they re half a dozen 1 giga graphiccards gtx as yours

Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz Can Run PC Game System Requirements

i recommend this website to be added to useful links for gamers so they can check themselves if graphiccards and older chips are good for project reality, you can use it for newer games also
fpspromotion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 17:40   #3
Dankx

Well if the pc is proper too run it why cant i run it ? my fps always drop bellow 30 when i look at a place where there are alot of people.. or on any server with 50+ ppl , anything too help me out with that.. ?
Old 2016-12-14, 12:02   #4
Bastiannn

Surely a 8 year old CPU doesn't help.

Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 15:55   #5
saXoni
Supporting Member

1) Battlefield 2's system requirements do no longer apply for Project Reality.

2) Your CPU's single-thread performance is pretty shitty compared to newer CPUs. This website gives your processor a score of 1050, whereas the 4690k, which was released a couple of years ago, scores 2231.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 20:16   #6
Bogatyr
Supporting Member

If it makes you feel any better or whatever... I have an i5 6600K (considered to be one of the best CPU's for gaming atm) overlocked at 4.5 GHZ, with a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB or OC'd RAM and game running on SSD. Would you assume I get 60 fps 24/7? If so you are dead fucking wrong.

My FPS drops to the 40's and even 35's in Fallujah West, regardless of settings.

The game engine is too outdated to handle PR, simple as THAT.
Bogatyr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 23:54   #7
Dankx

New thread , new hardware , same shit.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=149528
Old 2020-04-14, 07:24   #8
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

even strong PCs have fps issues

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-14, 09:51   #9
Dankx

Ye i only noticed what Bogatyr said after i made the new thread, this game is so unique i wish they could find a way arround this its really annoying

Tags
frames, game, love