project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-12-15, 09:03   #1
destiny
Default Just ordered BF2 online

I've just bought BF2, should arrive tomorrow thanks to UPS

It cost me like $11, I could get the Complete edition for extra $4 or the deluxe edition for extra $6 or something.. but I just ordered the default BF2 1.0 since its the only one available by tomorrow, my question is this:

Did I do good by just ordering the Battleifled 2 game? I mean.. I don't need all this Special Force and Euro thingy additions to play PR right? I just need to update to v1.5 and get that PR downloader, right?

I'll get home tommorow (at the base, soldier at the IDF) and will install everything I need, hope you guys can help me get started, my xfire is destiny133t - but I don't use it much, I'm mostly using IRC (QuakeNet) so I'll also be at #projectreality if you wanna help me out.

Quote:
Ingame name: destiny (Hope its not taken as its my nickname since 2001, just not in BF2)

Exprience in FPS/Tactical Games: Been playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory since its release (2003), the best player in Israel since 2007, skilled in other FPS games such as CoD4, CS, Quake and co. - also I'm a really quick learner when it comes to computer games.

What made you aware of PR: Long story short, Friend => YouTube => PR Forums

What do you expect: Hope its as realistic as my friend told me cause I'm a soldier in the IDF and I'd like having some fun as I am in real life as a soldier.

Who are you: My name is Idan Ishi, I'm serving in the IDF at a tanks battalion, right now we're stationed in Gaza and that's all the info I can provide you in that matter :P - I'm available to play during my holidays which are mostly during the weekends (every 2nd weekend).
destiny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 09:08   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Just ordered BF2 online

Harrow, Welcome to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny View Post
Did I do good by just ordering the Battleifled 2 game? I mean.. I don't need all this Special Force and Euro thingy additions to play PR right? I just need to update to v1.5 and get that PR downloader, right?
Yep, you only need BF2 with the v1.5 patch to play PR, no need for any of the xpacks and EF and AF now come with BF2 v1.5 anyways for free so buying them is a waste of money even if you wanted to play them hehe.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 09:30   #3
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Just ordered BF2 online

Hi there and welcome!

About your username, it's already taken: Find Players, BF2S.com. Might want to make a slight adjustment. Perhaps [PR]Destiny or Destiny with your year of birth, or.... dest1ny, I don't know.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, bought, destiny, idf, online, ordered