project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
12 Apr 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2021-01-03, 08:38   #1
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Shouts out to Khamisaya INS

I Had a great round as U.S. on Khami INS. We lost having only taken 2 caches and having pretty poor asset play, but it was fun nonetheless. About midway through the game we were between caches waiting for the next one to go up. We had been bypassing a cache in the city all game, so things were unclear about where we were at on intel points and how many kills were needed for the next to spawn, but after seeing a lot of enemy activity (multiple trans chopper drops) at Chemical Weapons factory, we were brazenly confident it would spawn there. We were at 99 kills, and got the 100th and were sure it would spawn there. So we staged an infantry led assault, with Humvee QRF on standby. We got in position, dropped an area attack, and rushed in. We killed several enemies along with a FOB in progress, and swept through the whole compound, sure that we would find the cache before it was even marked on our maps. The humvees came and backed us up, it really was a well planned assault.

We found the actual chemical weapons of course, but to our disappointment no real cache. Obviously the most true to life outcome we could ask for. It turned out we needed 150 kills however for the next cache to be revealed, and losing tickets fast, we decided to move into the dreaded city. It was not as difficult as we assumed it would be, but again we found ourselves asking "Where's the cache?" We searched just about the whole city until with 40 tickets left we found it in a small wooden shack on the river bank, unable to get the C-4 down before the tickets expired.

I gotta say, I hate Khami AAS. The only flag layer mildly playable in my opinion is MEC holding bunkers at the start. I believe I had only ever played Khami INS once before, but the second go around was one of my favorite rounds of the past few weeks. Solid teamwork and coordination between assets (at least the ones able to stay alive) led to some solid cache demolitions. The slow flow of combat upped the tension throughout the whole game, as the U.S. team really was searching with kills harder to come by than on other maps.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-03, 10:14   #2
Iguanadjy

Default Re: Shouts out to Khamisaya INS

Khami INS is so underated imho maybe played it 10 times in the last 6 years... sad cause it can be pretty good with good teams

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-03, 17:24   #3
Brotherscompany2

Its one of the hardest INS maps that I have played, it requires greats positioning and cooperation between Squads to provide covering fire or extra numbers.

Definitelly one of my favorites
Brotherscompany2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-03, 18:28   #4
BRZbruh

In my opinion there are so many good places to put the cache, but the game usually decides to put them in the open desert half the time, which is unfortunate.
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-04, 02:28   #5
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Yeah the first cache we took was basically in the open desert, but the other 3 that spawned were in pretty defensible places, which was why we bypassed the city cache for so long.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote