project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-11-04, 13:30   #1
GAJAN

Default Weapons

If it is possible to add more then 2 types of kits and what is nedeed for working on this? Lets keep focused on alternate guns like ak74s and ak74 for russia and mec as some of alternative weapons, all variants of m4 (irons, red dot and acog) to be selectable. Reason is russian army is seen a lot with ak 74 ( not m versions) and all factions are a bit too much "plastic" ( no choice for other weapons, just irons or scope of 1 gun).
GAJAN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 16:38   #2
Filamu
Supporting Member

Default Re: Weapons

Tbh, it is part of the charm of PR that squads are armed fairly similar. There are so many kits and factions that I never really get tired of any.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 18:01   #3
lakinen

It's better to change a little weapon menu.I found this picture on the net,I think it's vanilla picture.And it looks nice.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...ODA4Njg1/?ref=

lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 21:26   #4
Brotherscompany
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
Tbh, it is part of the charm of PR that squads are armed fairly similar. There are so many kits and factions that I never really get tired of any.

That is true. lts also a lot easier to relly on sound since you know that if you hear an AK it will defenilly not be a American

Still l get his point in part, its some what disapointed playing as Militia or Tali and realise the ALT and STD are pretty much the same in weapons variation in some classes
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 08:47   #5
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Our kits are armed with realistic loadouts for that faction. Most modern armies only use one main Assault Rifle that most of their infantry use and it would be unrealistic to give you a choice of weapons they don't use (at least not commonly) in r/l.

With our current UI, no it's not possible to give you more than two choices per kit, but if you where to drastically change the UI and code it could be possible.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 20:17   #6
Heavy Death

This is not COD.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
weapons