project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Jun 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2017-02-20, 07:08   #1
Thenis
Default Post Scriptum - The Standalone drama thread

So there is talk about this being a standalone payed mod. Personally I wont be supporting it. Placing a money barrier like that will split the community and its a terrible decision.
Thenis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 07:27   #2
obpmgmua
Default Re: Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh

I dont mind paying for my games. What I dont like is being lied to or having information omitted.

If you'd come out from the get go saying that this was a Standalone Squad DLC we wouldn't have this shitshow. Anyways I'm still interested because I like WW2. I just hope you dont repeat squad's mistakes.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 08:22   #3
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
I dont mind paying for my games. What I dont like is being lied to or having information omitted.
What did they say that makes you say that? They didn't lie, they just haven't revealed it (even up to this point it's just a rumor). It's a natural process of such a game to decide if you will give it away for free or not, no need to overdamatize it.
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 09:21   #4
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenis View Post
So there is talk about this being a standalone payed mod. Personally I wont be supporting it. Placing a money barrier like that will split the community and its a terrible decision.
You pay for your games dont you? Why should you not pay for post scriptum as its own game?

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 09:25   #5
Thenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
You pay for your games dont you? Why should you not pay for post scriptum as its own game?
Its not about paying really. It's about splitting the community. This community is not that big to be able to support 2 standalone games of the same type. I would rather have it like an expansion pack to Squad for 10-15$
Last edited by Thenis; 2017-02-20 at 09:36..
Old 2017-02-20, 09:57   #6
inb4banned

Quote:
Squad promised modding support, PS was announced as a "WW2 modification for the acclaimed tactical shooter SQUAD". Now they're saying it will/ might release as a standalone paid game
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 11:22   #7
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
Squad promised modding support, PS was announced as a "WW2 modification for the acclaimed tactical shooter SQUAD". Now they're saying it will/ might release as a standalone paid game
you are aware that there are several other mods in the works for Squad right? just because one team decided that they wanted to make a full game instead of a mod, doesnt mean Squad modding is a lie or anything

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 20:05   #8
matty1053

Having it go standalone away from Squad will hurt PS, rather than help it. I wouldn't mind paying for it, if it's a reasonable price, and having it as a actual MOD in Squad. but having it go away from Squad, and heading standalone... nah.

What this reddit comment said, sums up my opinion...
https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/c..._game/ddyftx8/

Just dislike having being told: "It's going to be a mod off of Squad!", then now it's like: "It's going to be a standalone... er... based off of Squad!"

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 20:55   #9
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I really don't mind whether it's a mod or standalone game, really. Don't understand what the fuss is about. As long as they keep producing awesome stuff like they're doing now, it's all fine with me. I know I'd buy it, if if will indeed go standalone.

But who knows, it's all speculation right now, until they come with an official something. And to be honest, they're not obliged to say anything, maybe they don't know either. So in the mean time, let's just enjoy things before jumping to conclusions .

Splitting the community? Man, it'll just attract -new- gamers that want a realistic-but-no-milsim WW2 game. Whether it's a mod or standalone, that doesn't really matter.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 21:31   #10
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
you are aware that there are several other mods in the works for Squad right? just because one team decided that they wanted to make a full game instead of a mod, doesnt mean Squad modding is a lie or anything
I have reports from multiple people that many of the other mods advertised on the "modding wrench" Squad community update blogs are also in the same talks as Post Scriptum to be monetized.

So as it stands right now... at least from what I have been told, this will not be a one-off arrangement. Any of those "modding wrench" projects apparently now have the potential to become paid standalone purchases.

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, drama, post, scriptum, seventh, standalone, thread