project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2011-04-19, 18:49   #11
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series)

Season 2 is confirmed after 4.2 million views in the first episode.

http://winter-is-coming.net/

read the first book few weeks ago after a recommendation, and I must say it will only get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiller View Post
. Winterfell seems a bit small and crowded for me, but it's 60% accurate with my expectations.
Tbh it fitted my imagination, a small place that are not as grand and magnificent as other places, but small and a place where hard work is more important then feasts and stuff.

The wall on the other hand was completely off, I have always imagined something like the great wall in china when it came to the wall just much bigger after 5000 years of upgrading and building the damn thing.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Last edited by Zimmer; 2011-04-19 at 18:55..
Old 2011-04-19, 18:58   #12
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If this wasn't fantasy I'd be all over it.

Carry on.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:50   #13
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]bosco View Post

Carry on.
tbh there is little to no fantasy in general the fantasy parts like we know like dragons and other creatures are more a curiosity then something happening every episode. The manuscript could have easily been revamped to a modern setting.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 10:06   #14
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole

Quote:

Carry on.
If you don't like fantasy, then you don't like fantasy, but Zimmer is correct when he says the fantasy elements are quite understated. Its not like LotR where you have a Hobbit, or a Wizard or an Orc in every chapter/scene.

It is like a dark and complex political drama that just happens to be set in a fantasy world.

Last edited by Web_cole; 2011-04-20 at 16:26..
Old 2011-04-20, 10:26   #15
lucidrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder Zulu View Post
Definitley gonna see this, partly because it looks good, but also just because HBO shows kick ass.

I mean, they have The Wire, The Pacific (hell yeah), Band of Brothers (double hell yeah), Rome, The Sopranos, and now this.
A very good track record if I ever saw one.
I notice you haven't included Generation Kill in your list, have you not watched it? If not get on that shit right now!

On topic, I watched the pilot on Sky Atlantic and thought it was great, I'll continue to watch if not only for Emilia Clarke!

Quote:

Carry on.
It's low fantasy if anything.

Also, I have found a usefull image showing all the houses and characters with their respective actors, doesn't really contain any spoilers apart from the characters and what houses they belong to etc, probably usefull even for people who have read the books.

http://i.imgur.com/BUk58.jpg
Last edited by lucidrians; 2011-04-20 at 10:49..
Old 2011-04-20, 14:14   #16
BrownBadger

Why is the barbarian-lord-guy-with-the-hair wearing eyeliner and has whitened hollywood teeth?
BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 15:53   #17
HunterMed
Supporting Member

I like it so far. And I didnt read any books...

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 16:28   #18
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBadger View Post
Why is the barbarian-lord-guy-with-the-hair wearing eyeliner and has whitened hollywood teeth?
Presumably because the actor has whitened hollywood teeth. But yeah, I found the eyeliner a little odd at first, but then I decided it was a good kind of odd; these guys are supposed to be strange and different and it certainly gave off that impression.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 17:43   #19
BrownBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
Presumably because the actor has whitened hollywood teeth. But yeah, I found the eyeliner a little odd at first, but then I decided it was a good kind of odd; these guys are supposed to be strange and different and it certainly gave off that impression.
It just always bothers me though when they cast people with all these glamorous hollywood improvements for something that's meant to be gritty and "real". It's also odd seeing breast implants in medieval times.

Loving the show though.
BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 12:34   #20
Zimmer
Supporting Member

new episode out, its even better then the Pilot that was good so I recommend to watch it if you like the genre or wants to follow another series.

Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones