project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-10, 23:50   #21
HeXeY
Default Re: BF3 confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
PR2 > BF3
No "versus" threads on the forum

Anyways:

Old 2009-06-10, 23:50   #22
SiN|ScarFace

Good news but I don't much care at this point as I have to wait a couple YEARS.

BF2 does not even compare to 1942, not even close as far as pure entertaining gameplay.

The epic things you could do on 42 have never been matched IMO. True haircuts with airplanes, riding on wings, expack jumps for wicked para jumps into the ish, jeeps full of expacks, sniping pilots out of planes with the engy rifle, pooping your pants when bailing out of planes, popping the paratroopers descending on market garden with 1 shot... the moving ships....

ahh memories...

Old 2009-06-11, 00:07   #23
Farks

If we're lucky and EA/DICE continue their trend, the game might support the amazing number of 8 players!!
Old 2009-06-11, 00:14   #24
JKRMAUI

Whoa...Whoa....8 players? That's pushing it man....dare...the nets be crashing if we hit ten...

Should be interesting....Not to excited since I'll probably a bump in the dirt by the time this thing gets released.

And the end of days will come before they fix half the issues they make by trying to fix issues.
Old 2009-06-11, 00:24   #25
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farks View Post
If we're lucky and EA/DICE continue their trend, the game might support the amazing number of 8 players!!
Slightly unfair I think, BF1943 is a minigame, and player numbers havent be released for BFBC2. If anything DICE have pushed player numbers up compared to other games imo.

I think all the DICE bashing is kind of old. BF2 was a very ambitious game for its time, and without BF2 there would be no PR. I pretty sure that the vast majority of people on this forum loved BF2 when it was released.
Last edited by space; 2009-06-11 at 00:30..
Old 2009-06-11, 00:55   #26
SiN|ScarFace

What was exactly ambitious about BF2? Squads? Commander? Hardly.

Old 2009-06-11, 00:57   #27
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace View Post
typhoon rising had a lot what bf2 had, but bf2 executed it all in a sleek and functional package with both depth and playability.

-
Old 2009-06-11, 01:02   #28
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace View Post
Having all the different features in one game, along with great graphics, a high player count, and making it work was pretty ambitious imo.
Old 2009-06-11, 01:02   #29
Solid Knight

When you mod BF1943 say goodbye to all the weapon targeting systems code. A WWII game doesn't need code for laser-guided weapons and heat-seeking missiles.
Old 2009-06-11, 01:05   #30
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
When you mod BF1943 say goodbye to all the weapon targeting systems code. A WWII game doesn't need code for laser-guided weapons and heat-seeking missiles.
You wont be able to mod BF1943. Its a minigame which is download only, and will cost peanuts.
Last edited by space; 2009-06-11 at 14:01..
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, announcement, back, battlefied, battlefield, battlefield 3, beta, bf3, community, confirmed, date, dice, game, grow, holidays, i want bf1943, leaked, noprbf3ever, page, pushed, release, scans, screens, updated, windows, year