project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-11-27, 17:35   #11
Psyko

Default Re: put squad v12 revive system into PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
None of the system are perfect. But I don't think it would benefit PR. Since you can't pick up kits("equipment") in Squad they introduced that system to not be terrible for gameplay.

Yes the new Squad system are miles better than what they had before, suprised it took them so long to improve it.
I thought the same thing until i invested a good few hours into v12. Not saying you haven't dude, but not everyone has.

I'm sure also that it wouldn't be a big deal for OI to have dropable kits, it's hard for me to believe they would make this gigantic gameplay change in such a ham handed way without considering all it's effects, i mean, it's their money on the line here, do you think they didnt think it through?

I dont.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
I believe that this kind of revive system was introduced in Squad due to lack of ability to take medic kit and revive the rest of a squad. Since in PR you can simply take your medic's kit, such revive system is not really needed.
Unfortunately, In reality you cant borrow the skills of a combat medic temporarily.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 17:45   #12
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
Unfortunately, In reality you cant borrow the skills of a combat medic temporarily.
However, you can borrow his equipment.

And this is the line we probably cannot cross due to gameplay > realism thing. It's used to be like that for 14 years. Why should we change it now?

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suchar is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 17:57   #13
Frontliner

Quote:
In reality you can pick up equipment right next to you. How 'bout that, Squad?

PR 1 : Squad 0

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 18:25   #14
Psyko

Doesn't mean you're qualified to use it, but lets not split hairs, we all know this is more about teamwork than realism so i'll grant you that.

However i'm not suggesting making the medic redundant, rather, suggesting using one field dressing to revive, giving the injured person low health status. You'd definitely need a medic after that, or bleeding would kill you.

A medic using an epipen would serve as a reserve of bandage ammo, in a way, padding out their inventory. Giving medics greater usefulness.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 19:05   #15
Veterans-Gaming
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Veterans-Gaming

H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A
... No. Just... no.

Veterans-Gaming is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 23:41   #16
[R-CON]​Fastjack

The only thing i would like to see introduced into PR's medic system is dragging wounded bodies into cover and THAN the medic can do his job. Also a wounded body, that stuck in obstacles like chairs or crates, could be pulled out and revived.

Project Reality has the best medic system ever. Why changinga system that works well?

I understand what you mean with Pressure and Burden ... i like it.

Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 04:07   #17
ALADE3N
PR Server License Administrator

If only medics can drag wounded bodies. If only it is possible in this game engine

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 10:52   #18
Heavy Death

PR medic system, very crude, but very action packed. If i play in a good squad, i go medic. Adrenaline ensues, its like hacksaw ridge.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 11:07   #19
[R-CON]​Fastjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeneraLuna View Post
If only medics can drag wounded bodies. If only it is possible in this game engine
Creating a really shortrange fake firearm, with negative explosion forces (implosions) and a dragging animation when you press fire.
You fire the weapon close to the wounded body into the ground and the implosion forces drags the body closer to the point where you aimed at than you go a step backward and press fire again .... than again .... than again till you reached cover.

Problem could be people staring trolling with it. You could also drag small ammocrates.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 17:20   #20
Murphy

Quote:
Doesn't mean you're qualified to use it.

Except I believe all professional armies train every soldier to apply first aid to themselves or others to hold over until more qualified people come along. This was a hamfisted idea (talking kits and medic system interaction) and I'm glad they are realizing the error they made years ago.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
put, revive, squad, system, v12