project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
20 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Old 2015-08-27, 11:14   #21
Raphavenger

Default re: G36 and its problems/ future replacement

bundeswehr.de: Spurensuche: Bericht zum Zwischenstand der G36-Kommission

Bundeswehr-Bericht: Keine M?ngel beim Sturmgewehr G?36 - Politik Inland - Bild.de
Raphavenger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 11:21   #22
BroCop

Can you provide a summary of the articles?

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 12:44   #23
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

First source is from the official page of the Bundeswehr, informing about how the next report utilizes the experience of the soldiers as a valuable resource regarding the alleged accuracy drop. The report itself is scheduled to be released on Oct. 1; questions regarding the quality of the rifle are not being answered in the article due to this.

Bild says that it's got it's hands on an internal report that was evaluating the combat performance of the rifle during 2006 and 2014, particularly in Afghanistan. According to Bild, the alleged accuracy drop, should it indeed exist, made no difference in the firefights, leading to the conclusion that the rifle proves itself in combat under various conditions. Additionally, no reports of a noticeable decrease in accuracy have been filed by any soldier.
Keep in mind though that Bild is the only German medium to report this, and it's a tabloid. So, I guess we'll have to wait until October to get some answers.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 13:51   #24
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
First source is from the official page of the Bundeswehr, informing about how the next report utilizes the experience of the soldiers as a valuable resource regarding the alleged accuracy drop. The report itself is scheduled to be released on Oct. 1; questions regarding the quality of the rifle are not being answered in the article due to this.

Bild says that it's got it's hands on an internal report that was evaluating the combat performance of the rifle during 2006 and 2014, particularly in Afghanistan. According to Bild, the alleged accuracy drop, should it indeed exist, made no difference in the firefights, leading to the conclusion that the rifle proves itself in combat under various conditions. Additionally, no reports of a noticeable decrease in accuracy have been filed by any soldier.
Keep in mind though that Bild is the only German medium to report this, and it's a tabloid. So, I guess we'll have to wait until October to get some answers.
This is VERY important part.
If the User of a tool NEVER complains (note every single german soldier uses G-36, even in peace time and as non-fighter you will train with it) about its precision, its not broken!
When we used MG-4s for the first time instead of the MG-3, everyone complained about the Bipod being "jumpy" compared to MG-3 for example.
Another Case for example is the MG-3 itself, while obviously combat proven (basically the same since 70 years) has a problem with too much fireing.
On one manouver our main MG gunner managed to break 5 Bipods, because of heating the barrel to much due to fire and slaming to hard on the ground on change of position making the Bipod bend.
As far as I know there was never a Drama about the MG3.

I still have no idea where the G36-is-shit thing came from, my only guess would be that someone tryed to discredit HK for whatever reason.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
MADsqirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 14:24   #25
[R-DEV]​Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

BREAKING: Bundeswehr Accepts HK417 As Temporary Replacement For G36 With Front-Line Troops - The Firearm Blog

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 14:44   #26
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADsqirrel View Post
I still have no idea where the G36-is-shit thing came from, my only guess would be that someone tryed to discredit HK for whatever reason.
Probably HK itself
Complete replacement of all G36 gives a loooot of money to the financially troubled company

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 14:54   #27
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Sigh.

Wrong. They are bought as a supplement, not as a replacement.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 16:09   #28
Rabbit

For what I am reading we need to add a overheat bar to the G36, a mag and it overheats for the rest of the game.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 22:50   #29
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
Probably HK itself
Complete replacement of all G36 gives a loooot of money to the financially troubled company
I thought that at the beginning but they got lots of negativ attention so I am not sure.
Maybe it was planned as a secret thing, which was supposed to not pop up in the media and someone talked, who knows.
Or maybe they want to say "oh the G36 is sooo bad even worse then any AK so we could sell it to everyone know right? What bad would happen?" And after some time German weapons will be used on every hotspot on the world by the evil side so the Germans can be the bad guys once more!
BTW German weapon deals are always full of scandals because people who shouldn't get guns and tanks (or subs) get them from us. So the public goes crazy if tanks get sold to Saudi arabia and everyone says "ok we wont give the evil guys our guns to kill others" but in the end the deal still goes through becaus theres soooooooooooooo much money involved and the German politics (as all other politics in the world) are controled by the industry lobbys.

Oh and I once was able to shoot 2 full G36 mags in auto fire without my rifle melting so In PR it shouldn't overheat before you hit the second mag .

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
MADsqirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 12:19   #30
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Nitneuc

Switching to 7.62 ? Why not HK416 ?
And in that case, why not reuse the old Bundeswehr's G3 (assuming they are still in stock) ?

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future, g36, problems, problems or, replacement