project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
24 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Old 2014-08-04, 18:26   #11
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default re: G36 and its problems/ future replacement

Carmikaze, really, your "opinion" strikes me because it's so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny. I actually don't think you've ever had the G36 in your hands(unlike MadSquirrel and myself), and you feel like arguing against an active soldier(Mad)? Most of what you've wrote as part of your "rebuttal" against me was already covered by my opening statement; I guess you just skipped on the reading part, which I personally find pretty annoying, since you would've saved us both some time if you'd done so. I'll refute what you had to say anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
This is the biggest bullshit I've read in a while. Who needs precision in combat situations, yeah. Precision is fucking overrated. Let's just fight CQB, because that's where accuracy doesn't matter, and that piece of shit weapon can finally be good at something, lmao.
It's known that accuracy hardly does matter in CQB, why else do you think SMGs and PDWs and pistols are best used up close and only to be used in that situation? The Bundeswehr does NOT intend on fighting up close, but hey, you know what, the Taliban hide among civilians and in civilian houses and FORCE the fight to happen where they doesn't get shit upon by G36, MG4 and AG36 by default. I should've narrowed down "Combat Situations" down to "Current Combat Situations in Afghanistan" to avoid confusion, my bad. You do not need to hit anything at 800m when the enemy engages you at 25m, you see?

However, since you were quick to jump to conclusions while not possessing any accountable first hand knowledge regarding the G36's accuracy as far as I can tell, let me share my own with you:
I was recently on a 3-4 day exercise, shooting about 200 rounds G36 and 120 rounds MG3. About 90% of the targets(with the G36) I shot at got hit with the first round on distances above 50m and up to 200m. The remainder got downed with the 2nd shot or were intentionally kept "active".
After 5 years of not having the G36 in hand I managed to score "Silver" first try when going for the German Army Marksman Badge(Sch?tzenschnur) in March this year.

If you really need to, I can deliver proof for the latter, my Schie?buch is setting right here on my desk.

Quote:
Don't even try to bash M4s. They're proven and don't fucking consist of melting plastic.
The fuck are you talking about? Polymer isn't fucking plastic and I highly doubt, as I already stated, that the type of Polymer used in the G36 has a tendency to go mobile at temperatures under about 400? C much less melt. H&K has been building rifles before you were even born, do you think they make such a retarded oversight?

Quote:
You seriously wonder why there weren't reports about the problems in the past? Ever heard of corruption? Yeah , it does exist, even in Germany.
Outside of these instances, no other nation that fields the G36 has ever filed a complaint to H&K, not even Saudi Arabia and Spain, both having a way hotter climate than us.

Quote:
The Defense Ministry even ignored an intern report from the Bundeswehr ITSELF, which critizised that the G36 is useless after continous fire in long-lasting firefights.
Holy shit, you do not have any knowledge of weapons, do you? Every fucking rifle gets hot and becomes less accurate if you spray magazine after magazine with it(especially when spraying). Why do you suppose our Machine Gunners carry an exchange barrel and a special cloth with them? Because they need to exchange the barrel when it gets too hot and looses accuracy because of it. And if you don't use the cloth you'll burn your hand after only a few dozen rounds, this happened to a soldier during the exercise I was talking about earlier. When the previous group finished their training, he got distracted and grabbed the barrel with bare hands - 200 rounds of rapid fire through, roughly 10-15 minutes between the last shot and his grab - and received first degree burns after holding it for max 0.5 seconds in hands. That's how hot it still was.

Quote:
There were reports that in firefights, german riflemen equipped with g36 rifles received the order to not give too much suppressive fire and let the squad machinegunner do the whole job. Just imagine you're under fire and can't response properly because you know your weapon will overheat and become ineffective!
Just imagine you only have 240 rounds and don't know when backup will arrive!
Just imagine that every round in full auto after your second or third is a fucking waste and will not accomplish anything!
Just imagine an MG to be designed to give suppressive fire and the G36 not!
Just imagine, that, during my 3-4 day exercise my squad only had 1 malfunction with the gun(happened to me, magazine got hooked up) and 0 overheats! And exactly 0 melted barrels!
Just imagine there's somebody on the internet who's never shot a rifle try to prove someone wrong who did!

Seriously, buy a Reibert or something, this is ridiculous.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 23:31   #12
[R-DEV]​Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

some new articles
The G36 Controversy Intensifies - The Firearm Blog

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 15:54   #13
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/ger...e-e1070a9a67dc

M?ngel bei Bundeswehr-Standardgewehr: Kein Gewehr f?r hei?e Tage | tagesschau.de

Bundeswehr: G36-Sturmgewehr ist nicht treffsicher | ZEIT ONLINE

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 19:26   #14
Frontliner

I can only repeat myself again. I've never encountered any issues with the rifle which would leave me to conclude that the accuracy drop is a real problem that occurs with relatively low temperatures and is hefty to boot; which is what I'm getting from these reports. The last time I shot with a G36 was in October and I ended up scoring 15 hits out of 16 shot with a rifle that was already in use for 3 hours by the time I got it my hands on it. Granted that was on a scoring exercise rather than a combat one and it certainly wasn't hot that day but when I see claims of the material starting to lose stiffness at 23?C I must've used an entirely different rifle in order to score like that.

And while Heckler&Koch's statements are designed to defend themselves, they are also a lot more insightful about the whole topic, so it seems to me that these guys know what they're doing. But then again that's just me.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Old 2015-04-24, 16:34   #15
[R-DEV]​Airsoft

German defense minister says ?no future? for G36 rifles in Bundeswehr | News | DW.DE | 22.04.2015

Old 2015-04-26, 12:45   #16
Frontliner

From a conservation with two veterans, one of them was partaking in the "Good Friday Engagement" as the engagement on the 2nd of April 2010 is known here[3 German Paratrooper dead after an engagement that lasted over hours]. Einsatz-Soldaten ?ber das G36: ?Wir haben nie rechts gezielt und links getroffen? - Politik - FAZ

"We didn't face a significant deviation during firefights."

"It was never the case that we aimed left(of the target) and were hitting right"

During firefights it was always possible to engage the enemy accurately on the typical distances between 300 and 400 meters, he said.

To use the G36 as a machine gun is bollocks; it was never intended to be used that way. [...] If the G36 ends up being used as one, the physical deformation and the accuracy drops happen predictably on all rifles of the same type regardless of producer, he said.

"The accusations are "Bullshit", it's not even about the rifle. It's about politics"

Old 2015-05-03, 12:51   #17
Raphavenger

To me it looks like the government is trying to get an excuse to fund HK for a new assault rifle program...
Raphavenger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 10:38   #18
Frontliner

Now would you look at that:

Bericht an Ausschuss gek?rzt: Von der Leyen hielt G36-Lob zur?ck - n-tv.de

Report to the parliamentary enquiry committee was shortened
Von der Leyen(Germ. Sec. of Defense) bottled up praise that was given to the G36

The G36 - a "reliable and safe weapon", and yet "the way it's built it has no future in the Bundeswehr"? A report revealed that VdL didn't tell the Bundestag everything about the G36.

The G36-report that was informing the parliamentary enquiry committee about the defects of the assault rifle was incomplete. According to BILD, the introduction of the experts report was withheld from the representatives. It contained positive statements regarding the controversial rifle in question.

Supposedly it(the introduction) said verbally: " The G36 [...] is today, as it has been in the past, a reliable and safe weapon". Doubts were raised concerning the relevance of the estalished defects. The conducted tests merely covered "insights on the performance of the G36 in an area close to the technical limitations".

[I'm leaving out the end of the article due to it not being relevant.]

Can't say I'm surprised.

Old 2015-05-28, 00:33   #19
[R-DEV]​Airsoft

[YOUTUBEHD]n2E2Vw--wAM[/YOUTUBEHD]

Old 2015-07-07, 17:49   #20
Raphavenger

Quote:
In contrast to Mahd?s battered Kalashnikov, Yaseen has a German-supplied G36 rifle, which he received nine months ago. Despite problems with the weapon that provoked the German army to consider dropping it, the Kurdish fighters love them.

?It is reliable, it does not stop,? Capt. Niqib Yasim said.
Source:
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/kur...us-67ca31b817d

(Video is in German)
Raphavenger is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future, g36, problems, problems or, replacement