project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
28 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2014-08-15, 16:27   #1
salaminl

salaminl's Avatar
Default Idea for a map

Hello everyone,

First of all, i love project reality, and the addition of vietnam made it even better in my eyes.

I know it's too soon to say this, but the vietnam section lacks an all-terrain map right now.

So today i got a little creative and made a concept map for an all-terrain map for PR Vietnam.

I tried installing the bf2 editor before and followed all the instructions, but it gave me alot of errors.

So i will just present it to you guys.



Please tell me what you think. (VC could also be NVA)

''You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.''
- Ho Chi Minh
salaminl is offline
Last edited by salaminl; 2014-08-15 at 16:34..
Old 2014-08-15, 16:37   #2
Microwaife

Microwaife's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salaminl View Post
I tried installing the bf2 editor before and followed all the instructions, but it gave me alot of errors.

Thats the most normal thing ever!
If you have the time and patience do it yourself!
Other people who map probably want to do their own ideas, most of the time.

Microwaife is offline
Old 2014-08-15, 16:58   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

Quote:
Originally Posted by salaminl View Post
Hello everyone,

First of all, i love project reality, and the addition of vietnam made it even better in my eyes.

I know it's too soon to say this, but the vietnam section lacks an all-terrain map right now.

So today i got a little creative and made a concept map for an all-terrain map for PR Vietnam.

I tried installing the bf2 editor before and followed all the instructions, but it gave me alot of errors.

So i will just present it to you guys.



Please tell me what you think. (VC could also be NVA)
Getting the editor set up right for PR:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...g-modding.html

set of map tutorials from start to finish:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...inners-up.html

But yeah, good concept, although it's unlikely somebody will make it for you Best is to at least attempt yourself. Mapping is fun, give it a shot

Mineral is offline
Old 2014-08-15, 17:42   #4
salaminl

salaminl's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

Thanks for the feedback, i will try to install the editor again

''You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.''
- Ho Chi Minh
salaminl is offline
Old 2014-08-15, 17:57   #5
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

Also note that the command output window in bfeditor(the stream of messages), in it it's normal that you get loads of errors.

Mineral is offline
Old 2014-08-16, 13:27   #6
B2P1

B2P1's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

Haha, yea. The errors are completely normal and so are the crashes. For some reason every first try opening the editor it gets stuck on bundle not found for me and I'll have to restart.
B2P1 is offline
Old 2014-08-17, 19:26   #7
StevePl4y5

StevePl4y5's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

That is a very nice concept dare I say. What would be the map size?
StevePl4y5 is offline
Old 2014-08-18, 11:15   #8
salaminl

salaminl's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
That is a very nice concept dare I say. What would be the map size?
That would be 4km

''You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.''
- Ho Chi Minh
salaminl is offline
Old 2014-08-22, 22:40   #9
LiamNL
Supporting Member

LiamNL's Avatar
Default Re: Idea for a map

That airfield/base is called Khe Sanh, its a popular concept for vietnam maps in battlefield mods.
LiamNL is offline
Old 2014-09-21, 19:06   #10
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Idea for a map

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
That airfield/base is called Khe Sanh, its a popular concept for vietnam maps in battlefield mods.
Except Khe Sanh should be surrounded by Hills in the middle, and the 3 biggest hills should be flags.

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline
 


Tags
idea, map
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:38.