project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-08-22, 14:26   #1
Luger_P08
Default Can PR run with decent fps on my pc

I have a kinda old laptop with these specs in mind

Core I5 2nd gen
4 gb ram
Intel HD 3000

My question is can it run at least with decent fps on lowest settings possible?

Note : I just don't want to download it just for not knowing that it might not playable
Luger_P08 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 17:53   #2
clueless_noob

Default Re: Can PR run with decent fps on my pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luger_P08 View Post

Core I5 2nd gen
4 gb ram
Intel HD 3000

Note : I just don't want to download it just for not knowing that it might not playable
I'd say it's not going to cut. Others have had hard time getting playable experience on PR with Core i5-5300U, 8 GB RAM and Intel HD 5500. If you have enough disk space (my PR directory is about 12 GB, double of that during install) and steady internet connection (not wifi) then you could give it a try but PR is really demanding due to long view distances (500 - 1000 meters).
Last edited by clueless_noob; 2022-08-22 at 18:01..
Old 2022-08-22, 18:03   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:

Core I5 2nd gen
4 gb ram
Intel HD 3000

PR is a multiplayer game with matches that last longer than 30 minutes - there will also be internet traffic limitations and heat buildup over time affecting what seems like a system not designed for performance. Keep that in mind, and maybe get creative with additional external cooling such as taking off the side panel (on a tower/desktop PC) and/or having a desk fan blowing across the chassis (or keyboard of a laptop).

There's no harm in trying - unless you pay for every GB you download, there really is no reason you shouldn't just download it and try. You are really pushing the minimum required specs but it will not break anything to test and see for yourself. Beyond that, this is all just speculation of "how good/bad" your experience will be running this game based on just 3 general specifications of your computer (and not even including the panel you're driving).

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 18:41   #4
Coalz101

An SSD over a HDD might help you a bit.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 19:10   #5
[R-COM]PvtNewb
Support Technician
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:

Core I5 2nd gen
4 gb ram
Intel HD 3000

May I know which "i5 2nd Gen" is this? If this is the M-series then you might be able to play at 720p (or maybe 600p). I had an i3-2328M and it was okay at low settings, but this was long ago and I've sold it now.

4GB of RAM is okay-ish, but you'll get a somewhat longer load time since PR will use 3GB of memory and this will create some paging into disk.

I just wanna say that during peak 50v50, it's normal that the fps sometimes dipped.

PvtNewb is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-27, 16:27   #6
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I have no problems with a 2nd gen i5 (2500k) 4GB Ram would be playable, its the graphics that would be the worst case.

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote