project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-08-03, 17:29   #1
rich$$gangsta

Smile Questions regarding accuracy

Hello guys!

I am still pretty new to this game, but every time I shoot in this game, I can't even hit the broad side of a barn. My gun is on semi-auto, the two boxes on the bottom of my screen are perfectly aligned but I still dont hit my targets, even if they are within 50 meters of me while zooming with my 4x scope. I dont tap quickly, I shoot a round every second or so. It is even worse with moving targets, when I track them and shoot, they get away scot-free.

Am I just being sucky at this game or are there variables and mechanics behind it? In Squad, a game which I have played for a really long time, I dont experience the same difficulties, which leads me to believe that there is something I dont know about.

I hope someone can help me with my issue, thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my tirades! ^^

Yours truly,
rich$$gangsta
rich$$gangsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 09:24   #2
TommyFederal

Post Re: Questions regarding accuracy

ah right, so the accuracy and shooting system in this game are different from any other FPS shooting game, Squad itself included(even thought they are inspired by this mod) so shooting in PR are not an easy job to do especially about the recoil shooting in full auto or burst will pulls you up(unless you are getting used to it) and if u check your compass you will see 2 dots when aiming, now if the dot are now in the middle then you will be able to shoot accurately on your enemies, now mostly Burst/Full-Auto are used to shot at least little closer right to the enemy due to its recoil. Now if u moved the camera around too fast the 2 dots will split means you will need them to be 1 again, especially when you start proning or crouching and standing up.

right, so to the topics. Sometimes shooting will split the dots so you kinda have to likely you'll have to shot to the front of the moving target(if its moving left or right) not aiming into the body, also ACOG 4x its bit of hard to use so try the Iron Sights some times or short sight. Just like in War Thunder or Being in a old WW2 Warbird that use cannon, dont aim for the body when its moving up or down but shot at the direction they will move so the bullet will hits them, also even if its perfectly aligned doesn't mean the bullet gonna shot straight but it will spread around a little so thats why the enemy aren't damage. And yes again shooting in this game are hard.

I hope this'll help any other vet/old player of PR see's a mistake please fix it.
Last edited by TommyFederal; 2022-08-04 at 09:30..
Old 2022-08-04, 12:06   #3
Coalz101

Default Re: Questions regarding accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyFederal View Post
I hope this'll help any other vet/old player of PR see's a mistake please fix it.
Sounds like a skill issue to me...But in all seriousness I think its engine limitation since its been unchanged for years.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 14:28   #4
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester

Deviation is a fully intended mechanic and not an 'engine limitation'.

Source: the PR Manual

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif

Secret link last updated: 12th Oct 2022
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 17:35   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Get a feel for it, use semi-auto only. I never sit still when firing anything that shoots bullets, few steps left and right. The deviation for rifles isn't bad at all. Actually look at the dots while moving. Rifles and machine guns. With rifles it goes where I want, not with machine guns. I move to make the enemy miss their first shot at me, otherwise sitting still allows enemy to take their time to aim without stress.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-08-04 at 18:35..
Old 2022-08-05, 08:51   #6
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich$$gangsta View Post
Hello guys!

I am still pretty new to this game, but every time I shoot in this game, I can't even hit the broad side of a barn. My gun is on semi-auto, the two boxes on the bottom of my screen are perfectly aligned but I still dont hit my targets, even if they are within 50 meters of me while zooming with my 4x scope. I dont tap quickly, I shoot a round every second or so. It is even worse with moving targets, when I track them and shoot, they get away scot-free.

Am I just being sucky at this game or are there variables and mechanics behind it? In Squad, a game which I have played for a really long time, I dont experience the same difficulties, which leads me to believe that there is something I dont know about.

I hope someone can help me with my issue, thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my tirades! ^^

Yours truly,
rich$$gangsta
Probably best to record a little video then people can pin-point to concrete improvements and finding your issue. You say your boxes are fully aligned and still got issues, that's worth making a little recording if you can.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 10:53   #7
Aussie_Recon1

depends on ping too. from downunder land i have to aim fairly far infront due to lag if you play enough it becomes muscle memory and its like the lag does not matter. 100% post some footage and i can give you some help.
Aussie_Recon1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 05:03   #8
Operator_Max1993

there is the whole "deviation" thing in PR, something Squad doesn't have
basically, if you start firing now, you won't hit the broad side of the barn like you said
if you take your time (while noticing two little notches getting closer to the arrow, you'll be more accurate)

i don't know the real reason why this is a thing, but the best reason i could think of is

since 1-3 hits can kill or injure you right away, they had to do something, plus it was done this way since there was no way to make "weapon sway" in a old antiquated engine
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 10:40   #9
TommyFederal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Recon1 View Post
depends on ping too. from downunder land i have to aim fairly far infront due to lag if you play enough it becomes muscle memory and its like the lag does not matter. 100% post some footage and i can give you some help.
never know Laggy and Pings can affect the shooting to
TommyFederal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 11:11   #10
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator_Max1993 View Post
i don't know the real reason why this is a thing, but the best reason i could think of is

since 1-3 hits can kill or injure you right away, they had to do something, plus it was done this way since there was no way to make "weapon sway" in a old antiquated engine
I did say it was an engine limitation, but Suchar said NO and if I recall correctly, Mats/Alon did test weapon sway recently (Within the last 3 years in PR time lol) even though it didn't have an affect on deviation but was just a visual effect, but I have memory of a fish until I see it again so that can all be a lie...

In other words Weapon sway is possible but not really something necessarily good for gameplay.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote