project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
05 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2017-06-14, 13:03   #5451
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: What is the last movie you watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Post
I recently watched Labyrinth of Lies and although i've not watched Generation War it kinda tackles what you're talking about. Post war Germans not wanting to know about the crimes committed during the war etc etc. Anyway i enjoyed the film a lot. 8/10
If I'm not mistaken Shock is talking about modern history revisionism, whose advocats either entirely deny the Holocaust has ever happened or try to downplay its massive scale. The Germans living in the 40's and 50's however were highly aware of what happened and although most asserted to not have known anything, the very few Germans who could've claimed that with any shred of credibility came from rural areas with a historically low jewish population. But even for these it stands to reason people could've known had they paid attention to what the officials were saying via newspapers and Volksempfaenger(Nazi 2-channel radio) - and especially what they were teaching to the children(race doctrine in biology class). If anything most elected to having to have "simply followed orders" etc.; downplaying or denying their individual guilt in contrast to saying it didn't happen.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 14:11   #5452
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Generation War (German WW2 Miniseries)

So I enjoyed this. Engrossing and very ambitious stories and moves at a rapid pace. Good battle scenes and sets and costumes and such. Relies way too much on highly improbable coincidences but works on the whole.

I'm aware this show has been accused of historical revisionism, and that's half-true. The five main characters are all, to varying degrees, "good" Germans, and while the series features several of the requisite thugs and SS scumbags, there are few true Nazis around. German crimes are acknowledged but exist primarily in an abstract, off-screen sense. Soviets and Poles are depicted as little different from the Germans.

It's not really revisionist, but by focusing exclusively on "good" Germans, this show largely dodges acknowledging German responsibility for the Holocaust and war crimes. It's not so much revising history as it is sidestepping a critical portion of it. So overall good series but not a good depiction of history.

7/10
yep that's one of my favorite new ww2 movies from the german perspective.
I think a good reason for the holocaust to not be in there is in keeping with the plot/storyline.
you have a:
wehrmacht officer
wehrmacht soldier
wehrmacht nurse
opera singer / star
partisan

which would probably have little to do with holocaust unless they were stationed at camps(the soldier/offizer)
edit: I personally don't mind it, when I was a kid and I saw BOB that shit freaked me out, and I assume younger audiences would still be put off by it.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 21:29   #5453
Rabbit

"I am Jane Doe". Really good, fuck Backpage, fuck those fuckers.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 08:16   #5454
ShockUnitBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
yep that's one of my favorite new ww2 movies from the german perspective.
I think a good reason for the holocaust to not be in there is in keeping with the plot/storyline.
you have a:
wehrmacht officer
wehrmacht soldier
wehrmacht nurse
opera singer / star
partisan

which would probably have little to do with holocaust unless they were stationed at camps(the soldier/offizer)
edit: I personally don't mind it, when I was a kid and I saw BOB that shit freaked me out, and I assume younger audiences would still be put off by it.
Yeah I mean, I get that it makes sense in the context of the plot that none of the characters have any direct involvement in the Holocaust and such, but that is a decision made by the show's writers.

I think my main gripe is mostly that none of the five main characters are Nazis. They're all essentially apolitical humanists, which isn't implausible, but it's not representative of the German people as a whole during World War 2. The show sort of sells this narrative that the Nazis were a minority of thugs in Germany and coerced everybody else into following their orders. I think the show would have been better if maybe one of the five main characters actually believed in Nazi ideology.

But anyways, I did enjoy the show. I just don't think it's particularly accurate commentary on Nazi Germany.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
Last edited by ShockUnitBlack; 2017-06-16 at 08:24..
Old 2017-06-17, 00:57   #5455
Nosferatu
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
The show sort of sells this narrative that the Nazis were a minority of thugs in Germany and coerced everybody else into following their orders.
Which is why same Nazi thing will happen again and again.

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

If violence isn't the answer, then you obviously need more violence.
Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 13:37   #5456
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
Which is why same Nazi thing will happen again and again.
This is why Russia should stop the rehabilitation of communism. So many people perished, so many nations were occupied and turned into ruins by this harmful, disgusting and vile ideology. Never again should Eastern Europe be subjugated by these monstrous ideologies - Nazism and Communism.

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3971/r0mg.jpg
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 18:38   #5457
Nosferatu
Retired PR Developer

Row, row, row your boat.

What you saying is simply not happening. Putin makes decisions that enrage both extreme ends of political specter - liberals and communists.

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

Old 2017-06-22, 01:24   #5458
QuickLoad

just saw Zohan, never thought I was the guy for comedy-movie types of deals but this movie was absolutely hilarious.
"You Don't mess with the Zohan" that is the movie.

edit: well it wasnt funny 24/7 but some parts made me laugh while others made me quirk an eyebrow.
Last edited by QuickLoad; 2017-06-22 at 01:51..
Old 2017-06-28, 05:10   #5459
Nosferatu
Retired PR Developer

I saw Dunkirk trailer and was literally shaking!

Quote:

What comes to mind when I see the trailer for Dunkirk? A boring war movie with a bunch of white dudes. #nothanks

— Steph | Runs Trails (@stephrunstrails) June 5, 2017
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/dunk.../?mod=sm_fb_ad

Old 2017-06-28, 05:41   #5460
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
I saw Dunkirk trailer and was literally shaking!

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/dunk.../?mod=sm_fb_ad
jesus christ..
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 7th panzer division, fast, get out of here 9gag, kill everyone, le 9gag army, movie, recommend, watched