project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
22 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2008-02-15, 21:02   #1
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default The sniper rifles...

You're in a good squad, really enjoying the tactics and the talking.
You wanna do good for your squad and really make an effort with them all together.

The squad is attacking a flag, you are ordered to request a sniper and cover them as they attack.

You lay about 3-400 meters from the attack point. Then you spot the enemies and it's crucial for your squad that you kill or supress them, but no... You release all the shots in the magazine, the enemies are at a wall and you can't even see the bullets hit. Maybe they come out in a 90 degree angle? You didn't help your squad, and that guy you were firing the whole magazine at has killed you with a single shot.

You tried pointing at him for 10 secs, holding the sight right on his head... You tried slightly above him... But no. The bullets doesn't even come close.

Deviation...? Nah don't pull that out here.

Oh and this is my first post in here. I love PR, but no more playing this evening because of that sniper trash.
Old 2008-02-15, 21:06   #2
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
You're in a good squad, really enjoying the tactics and the talking.
You wanna do good for your squad and really make an effort with them all together.

The squad is attacking a flag, you are ordered to request a sniper and cover them as they attack.

You lay about 3-400 meters from the attack point. Then you spot the enemies and it's crucial for your squad that you kill or supress them, but no... You release all the shots in the magazine, the enemies are at a wall and you can't even see the bullets hit. Maybe they come out in a 90 degree angle? You didn't help your squad, and that guy you were firing the whole magazine at has killed you with a single shot.

You tried pointing at him for 10 secs, holding the sight right on his head... You tried slightly above him... But no. The bullets doesn't even come close.

Deviation...? Nah don't pull that out here.

Oh and this is my first port in here. I love PR, but no more playing this evening because of that sniper trash.

Welcome to the forums, if you use the search function you will see a ridiculous amount of posts explaining this. It's a bug, the deviation on the sniper rifels and the DM rifles is screwed up. It has been fixed for the upcoming patch, you will shoot straight again, I can guarantee.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2008-02-15, 21:11   #3
VipersGhost

Pretty much every little issue has been discussed to death in these forums due to the very involved community we have here. So definitely any one new to the forums just keep searching and it's all there. Sniper/DM rifles are being fixed in the next patch along with scores of everything else.

All you twats starting said threads "WTFBBQSAUCE 0.7 BLOWS" - R-Dev Jaymz
Old 2008-02-15, 21:14   #4
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Sounds good. Thank you. Keep up the good work, PR rocks.
Old 2008-02-17, 12:56   #5
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Issue resolved, locking to prevent more discussion of a soon-to-be-fixed problem.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post

Tags
rifles, sniper