project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
20 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2017-07-17, 20:12   #21
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

What's the point of having fences and barbed wire that you can crawl under? Is there a specific gameplay reason for this? I only played once and noticed it in Hermit and the flag that was the last one for Russia. Like a checkpoint with car wrecks.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 12:37   #22
fecht_niko
Banned

T90 vs littlebird (minigun) doesnt work at all...

If you want an assymetrical map exchange the T90 with an BMP3
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 17:52   #23
[R-DEV]​X1 Spriggan
PR:BF2 Developer

Thank you for all the feedback for the first release of the of the map everyone! I have been listening to as much feedback as possible, including joining servers running the map to listen and read ingame feedback as well as having long game play discussions with friends about the finalized version of this map and how my future maps could be made.

This map is using the really cool PR BETA release cycle, and I have been taking full advantage by experimenting with my own personal changes to the asset list and flag layouts and seeing what the win percentage for teams would be. With the first release, there were no discernible faction that had a clear advantage over the other and the win rates were perceptibly equal. Both sides had equal opportunity to stomp the other, and several rounds I had been apart of ended within 100 tickets of each other. One round that had 2 very capable teams ended with a score of 6-0.

However, an echoing concern had always been the cramped nature of the map due to the asset list and the flag layouts lacking linearity. The map was simply designed for infantry, so the assets and the flag layouts should represent that. The infantry layer had very precise and deliberate game play nearly everyone was happy about. The new standard layer tries to mimic that type of game play while having some heavy assets in the map.

As a final test for the map, the new Standard layout, there are 3 flag routes the game will choose. Two of them are of the regular flag spacing we are all used to and expect and 1 of them tries to retain the large travel distance I feel is possible in 2km maps. Also, while INF is still the focus of the map, I'd still like to experiment with having asymmetrical heavy assets. As for the T-90 vs the BMP-3, the decision boiled down to what would infantry rather fight, a T-90 with no respawn or a BMP-3 with a infantry murder cannon that re-spawns every 20 mins. We will see how the T-90 plays out.

The new Alternate layer is the old Standard layer in case servers want run the death battle royal version of the map.

[17:21] Falkun: im making spaghetti
[17:21] Falkun: lal
[17:22] Falkun: i'll put some in an envelope for you
X1 Spriggan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 10:13   #24
Heavy Death

Possible variations (of my liking) could also be:

INF - Inf layer like it is now
Alt - Inf + Scout/attack choppers like 2x minigun-hydra LB (or maybe the CAS huey with sideguns, but that is marines) vs 1x Hind, , so you still get infantry, just with added choppers for the epic CAS call-ins and hollywood worthy scenes.
Std - Inf + added APC/IFV and maybe a tank on each side, for that "standard" PR combined arms feel.

CAS+Armor is way too much on an infantry focused map.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 21:03   #25
Filamu
Supporting Member

I like the map, and the LB is cool, but it can't be on the first 10 min. Maybe have it on a 10 min spawn/delay, because strafing full trans trucks is bad. Same with the tank, needs a delay.
Some floating stuff near sand lily.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 20:51   #26
LiamNL

In the AAS Alt layout Russians get a hind, and a nice circle in the grass where it spawns, the only problem with it is that nobody seems to know where the actual repair/rearm zone is for the Hind. Which is a pretty big problem.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 23:57   #27
[R-DEV]​X1 Spriggan
PR:BF2 Developer

It's on the white circle in the grass.

[17:21] Falkun: im making spaghetti
[17:21] Falkun: lal
[17:22] Falkun: i'll put some in an envelope for you
X1 Spriggan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 03:01   #28
shifty454

i know im not the only one to experience this by talking to others, but their is alot of black (dark) grass on the map its really hard to see sometimes but other then that i like it not so much the new standard layout but the map in hitself
shifty454 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 04:41   #29
[R-CON]​TBob
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty454 View Post
i know im not the only one to experience this by talking to others, but their is alot of black (dark) grass on the map its really hard to see sometimes but other then that i like it not so much the new standard layout but the map in hitself
That should be fixed when the lightmaps are finished. Right now the map is using a very low res lightmap.
TBob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 11:34   #30
LiamNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]X1 Spriggan View Post
It's on the white circle in the grass.
I have tested it on the alternative layout of the map and the white circle only shows the spawn location of the Hind, the repair/rearm zone is absent, I have flown around in the Hind in the area at low altitudes and found nothing that would rearm the Hind.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, e106, route