project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
LiamNL
Default Route E-106 Beta

IMHO Assets are a bit onesided as the Russians get 2 more apcs (granted those are MTLBs) and a Hind E. Which in itself is a pretty powerfull asset with only handheld AT and AA + deployables to counter it. Whilst the US gets a littlebird with miniguns. Not even missiles, whilst the enemy has a 2 hit taking missile spamming pintle mounted gun. Whilst I do get the concept of assymetrical warfare, I do find this kind of strange with the whole minigun littlebird vs armored flying tank which has 2 seats with weaponry.

One can not go through life without failing things. If you do go through life without failing, you fail at failing.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
happygoogleboy2
Banned
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

get rid of cas and tanks gg ez
happygoogleboy2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
DogACTUAL

Give the birdy a 10 min respawn or give us two with 20 min respawn.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
[R-CON]​X1 Spriggan
PR:BF2 Contributor

If you take a look the map as a whole, both factions are very close in terms of fire power and utility. While the Russians do have an extremely powerful CAS chopper capable of destroying the entire US asset list, the US have blackhawk on a very low respawn timer giving them an enormous advantage of logistics. The US Army can easily move infantry squads around and provide them with low risk logistical support. As for the extra APCs the russians get, the US have a very powerful Mrk19 along side the two .50 cal HMWVEES.

Russians on the other hand have 3 logi trucks, spreading their logistical capabilities thin compared the US. On certain flag layouts of the map, logistics alone can easily make up for the lack of airborne firepower.

For the moment, I'm very close to removing the Little Bird all together because I'm not a fan of air sound pollution when playing PR. But my past few experiences in the game with it have been positive and I think people are having a lot of fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygoogleboy2 View Post
get rid of cas and tanks gg ez
There is also an INF layer.

[17:21] Falkun: im making spaghetti
[17:21] Falkun: lal
[17:22] Falkun: i'll put some in an envelope for you
Last edited by [R-CON]X1 Spriggan; 07-05-2017 at 02:50 PM..
Old 07-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
DogACTUAL

Please leave the birdy alone, it makes the map unique because it is the only one of its kind ingame right now (guns only). It also fits the map quite well, doing gun runs in this nice looking woods.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
Kingy

I can imagine the INF layer being rather fun, the map itself is quite nice. But at the moment the assets totally ruin it.

Quote:
While the Russians do have an extremely powerful CAS chopper capable of destroying the entire US asset list, the US have blackhawk on a very low respawn timer giving them an enormous advantage of logistics.
You don't really think this is clever balancing, do you?

I'd also add that the first two flags for the US are far too close together (Gas Station and South Village).

With the assets rethought and a few tweaks to the flag layouts this could be a pretty good map.
Kingy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:18 AM   #7
fecht_niko
Banned

good looking map.

too many assets on all layouts.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:54 AM   #8
projectmundus

I would like if there's no tanks
projectmundus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:05 AM   #9
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]X1 Spriggan View Post
If you take a look the map as a whole, both factions are very close in terms of fire power and utility. While the Russians do have an extremely powerful CAS chopper capable of destroying the entire US asset list, the US have blackhawk on a very low respawn timer giving them an enormous advantage of logistics. The US Army can easily move infantry squads around and provide them with low risk logistical support. As for the extra APCs the russians get, the US have a very powerful Mrk19 along side the three .50 cal HMWVEES.
Let me tell you that you can give US 5 tanks and 8 bradleys if you want, a good hind pilot will kill every single one of those without a problem and the US will still be left sucking on their thumbs losing the game with no assets left.

The Hind-E in that map is difficult to balance, if you add a HF kiowa, all russian armor is obsolete. If you add an avenger, the hind will most likely not live for longer than 5 minutes. The only thing I think would serve the map better is 2 minigun+rocket LBs at 3:40 to keep the Hind busy.

I mean, the hind will still win them most likely, but at least it wont be right up armors ass right away on 3:40 when the tank spawns.

The LB with only miniguns can hover behind the Hind and keep shooting at it all it wants, the hind pilot wont have to care bc the damage is basically nothing. If it starts to annoy you after getting hit by all the 600 rounds you just turn around and .50cal it.

All that said, the map needs more thought out assets other than CAS. Removing a few APCs from the STD layer should do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]X1 Spriggan View Post
because I'm not a fan of air sound pollution when playing PR
lmao are you serious? is this your rationale for placing assets?
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 07-05-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #10
obpmgmua

It's like saarema but worse.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, e106, route