project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
09 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2019-04-30, 22:20   #1981
Valeriy
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Valeriy
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Battle for Winterfell was so sickkk! I knew it would be like WOW, but it was even better I could even imagine! But I feel sad about the NK Why so fast?
Valeriy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 08:52   #1982
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I'm sure they'll magically have an army when it comes to it. (and food too since it was brought up but never mentioned again - therefore it is resolved)
I think in the previous episodes they mention not getting all the houses to rally. So I'm guessing all the people who didn't join them for this battle will now rally to fight Cersei with them since they protected them and Cersei betrayed them... I guess, only logical explanation IMO but logic was thrown out the window in the last episode so who knows... (and yes logic and good writing left the show 4 seasons ago but still, last episode was terrible) It's either this or Arya teleports in the back of Cersei and stabs her.

Also I'm sorry but the battle was awful, they probably spent the entire CGI budget on it to have an "epic battle" but didn't think about the strategic or even common sense side of things... I mean, ok, we have gathered the best tacticians of the world, so our strategy is to stand in front of our defenses...

We also have the best cavalry force in the world, who spent their lives perfecting cavalry tactics... Let's go full charge on an enemy we can't see and hope for the best...

Our last line of defence is an amazing elite force designed to fight in a phalanx formation with shield wall and spears... Let them fight in a very loose formation instead, what could go wrong?

I get it that not everyone knows about military tactics but even my gf who don't know anything about that stuff was like "why did they make a trench with pikes and stand in front of it? aren't they gonna like, get pushed into it and... get killed by their own defenses?" you don't have to be a military genius to have common sense... And yes it kinda kill the immersion and IMO doesn't make it epic, I have trouble feeling any emotion for the characters when they are dumb and kinda deserve to die for being so dumb.

This brings us to the next point of Tyrion being established as the most intelligent person there is,and bunch of people throughout the last episodes talking about burning the bodies, yet no one thought about burning the bodies they have on site, and worst even, putting all the "civilians" in there with the dead people, to protect them from that one dude who can raise the dead... who could have seen that coming?!

And as mentioned before, deus ex machina. It was not even subtle, it was everywhere, it was such lazy writing it hurts.
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 19:51   #1983
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

The ones that NK raised when Jon Snow sneaked on him were the ones that just died, how and who would burn them?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 07:24   #1984
Koia
Project Reality Beta Tester

they killed the NK for fok sake
This show going down...
Koia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 07:33   #1985
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
The ones that NK raised when Jon Snow sneaked on him were the ones that just died, how and who would burn them?
Sorry I wasn't clear but I was talking about the crypt, not the people who were alive when it started, the people who were already dead when it started, the people burried in the crypt, where they thought it would be the greatest idea to put the still living and defenseless people there to protect them from the guy who can raise the dead people to make them eat the still living people.

I mean if only castles were built with that thing designed to be the main (and last) defense, you know, a KEEP where you could make a last stand and put the defenseless people in... but I guess that would have been silly for the plot to have a character with one brain cell left in the episode.

This episode felt like the writers didn't even watch their own show and went on with new rules, new plot, new everything and very very thick plot armour for everyone. Except for Jorah, who got stabbed through plate armour... how convenient.
Last edited by Midnight_o9; 2019-05-03 at 07:49..
Old 2019-05-06, 17:37   #1986
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

All the fans that wanted Dany as queen must be shitting themselves right now.

Old 2019-05-06, 17:58   #1987
SShadowFox

This show, smh.

Dragon gets hit by one bolt, keeps flying in a straight line, gets hit by a second bolt, continues doing the same, gets killed by a third bolt. Meanwhile Dany continues flying in a straight line with Drogon as if nothing special was going on, and what does she do afterward? Fly straight toward the enemy ships that just shot down the other dragon.

The ships were between two islands, why the fuck did she not fly around the islands and hit them from behind where they wouldn't be able to do shit about due to the sails blocking the view?

And as if this wasn't enough stupidity, let's march on the enemy walled city (which is separated from our position by water, mind you, and we lost all our ships) with barely any troops left, all the while leaving my last dragon and only possible chance of winning standing in the ground where it can easily be killed by the dozens of ballistae positioned on top of the walls (which Cersei decided not to take advantage of, for some reason).

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 18:16   #1988
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Dragon gets hit by one bolt, keeps flying in a straight line, gets hit by a second bolt, continues doing the same, gets killed by a third bolt. Meanwhile Dany continues flying in a straight line with Drogon as if nothing special was going on, and what does she do afterward? Fly straight toward the enemy ships that just shot down the other dragon.

The ships were between two islands, why the fuck did she not fly around the islands and hit them from behind where they wouldn't be able to do shit about due to the sails blocking the view?
Yeah because she instantly knew all that and recognised the situation. This would be like watching a D-Day scene and bitching that all the paratroopers planes aren't dodging flak because they ought to know every single AA position in Normandy.

Come on, one episode people moan about 'deux ex machina' and the next you want Dany omnipotent.

Old 2019-05-06, 18:53   #1989
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Come on, one episode people moan about 'deux ex machina' and the next you want Dany omnipotent.
No I want the humans in this show to actually act like humans and make decisision that actually make sense.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 04:27   #1990
SShadowFox

Quote:
Yeah because she instantly knew all that and recognised the situation. This would be like watching a D-Day scene and bitching that all the paratroopers planes aren't dodging flak because they ought to know every single AA position in Normandy.

I wouldn't be pissed if she'd lost the dragon and most of her army in a battle for Dragonstone, have the castle garrisoned by Lannister forces with ballistae, at least those would be harder to spot than black sails in a blue sea during broad daylight.

Is it really unrealistic to think that she should have been able to see the ships? Or that maybe she shouldn't have flown directly towards the laser guided ballistae that just shot down her other dragon?

Meanwhile, the showrunners reason for her being completely stupid was that she forgot that Euron existed.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones