project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-01-23, 12:48   #41
supahpingi

Default Re: Road-killing - Your Opinion

I always run people over,might be unrealistic but its ingame so ill use it if i have to.

Its only as a last resort tough,if i cant kill you in any other way.

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:58   #42
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

road killing is just stupid especially since the driver is more like behind a thick metal wall than behind glass and a bit of aluminum (talking about trucks and jeeps), but i dont mind being run over if i was in the way of the NME vehicle its my own fault anyway, but if they turn around or go for you when your to the side thats just stupid.

Anyway you can avoid being run over by trucks if you go prone at the right time so he thinks he got you xD

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 13:01   #43
WithoutPurpose
Banned

If i'm driving a car and I see some dudes firing at me from <50 meters, I just ride them over. It's not that I take a car with the purpose of riding people over.
WithoutPurpose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 13:04   #44
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Killing is killing. I find it very stupid that some server have rules against it. It just increases the whining in all chat... If you dont want to die you better take cover when a vehicle is approaching.

Making up rules like this only damages the gameplay. Not really enforceable and nonsense anyway.

If I am driving and meet an enemy squad I sure as hell wont stop the truck get out and let them shoot me. Why would any sane person do that?
I'd try to get away or run them over. Not realistic maybe, but it counts that there is one less enemy shooting at you and the way you do it is not a priority.

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 13:44   #45
BenHamish

Make the soft skinned vehicles in PR actually vulnerable to small arms like they are in real life and the problem is solved.

Nowadays I don't even bother shooting at trucks and cars because they are invincible. If the full squad fires, sometimes the driver or passenger is wounded, but they just drive all the way back to main and patch up.

Can we not make it so that squads travel to battle in trucks/cars but then dismount to fight? Usually on maps such as Muttrah it makes sense to all get in the transport-truck 'tank' and drive straight past enemy squads. if anyone gets hit the medic will heal them inside as you carry on to the destination.

As for Dtac's vid.. I hate roadkilling because you can't defend yourself by shooting the driver.. But that was fecking hilarious and encouraged me to use the exploit.

And that's what it is - Roadkilling is an exploit.

BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 14:40   #46
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post
And that's what it is - Roadkilling is an exploit.
I agree. However, fixing it is a huge task, so I think to some extent everyone just needs to adapt. I recommend finding a tree

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 15:03   #47
Psyko

roadkilling makes absolute sense. the only difference id make would be...

cars take less damage from terrain...
and slightly more damage from 556 and 762 rounds.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 15:06   #48
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

well no we arent train for that, but i know real story of real afghan people being roll over by military vehicle, accident happen, honestly every road kill i made ( in PR...) werent volounteer... when i'm coming at max speed on the road and i seen an OpFor standing right in the middle of the road... well, too bad.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 15:11   #49
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

It only happens in game because RL un-armoured vehicles that are portrayed in game are armoured, in that they dont allow bullets to penetrate them. Its totally unrealistic as an effective method of engaging hostile infantry in a combat environment and undermines many of the changes the DEVs have strived to make the game more realistic. Almost exploitative, in that sense.
Not on my watch!

With that said, there comes the time when a combatant steps out infront of your vehicle down the road ahead. If a soldier lacked the ability to engage him through conventional means, roadkilling presents itself as the last hope of overcoming the challenge and therefore it is acceptable to run him over. I dont think players should roll out of their main with the intent of running people over.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 15:19   #50
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
It only happens in game because RL un-armoured vehicles that are portrayed in game are armoured, in that they dont allow bullets to penetrate them. Its totally unrealistic as an effective method of engaging hostile infantry in a combat environment and undermines many of the changes the DEVs have strived to make the game more realistic. Almost exploitative, in that sense.
Not on my watch!

With that said, there comes the time when a combatant steps out infront of your vehicle down the road ahead. If a soldier lacked the ability to engage him through conventional means, roadkilling presents itself as the last hope of overcoming the challenge and therefore it is acceptable to run him over. I dont think players should roll out of their main with the intent of running people over.

...mongol...
what? no... which unarmoured vehicels are armoured?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion, roadkilling