project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
06 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-01-23, 09:36   #31
splatters

Default Re: Road-killing - Your Opinion

Taking a vehicle and going roadkilling just for the sake of roadkilling is completely unacceptable, but if you do get roadkilled you can only blaim yourself. Cut the bitching over it
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 09:42   #32
CallousDisregard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Savage View Post
Nothing makes me rage more than being ran over by some idiot who can't shoot for shit.
Nothing makes me rage more than being run over by some idiot who can shoot for shit, but makes the choice not to.
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 10:16   #33
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallousDisregard View Post
Nothing makes me rage more than being run over by some idiot who can shoot for shit, but makes the choice not to.
Touche.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 10:18   #34
dtacs
Supporting Member

It is stupidly unrealistic and gamey, frustrating when people try to justify it as 'if you were in front of me and I had a car, I'd go for you'

However, this is absolutely hilarious.

dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 10:21   #35
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

I feel if there is a group of people on the road you are on and you see them while your driving it's ok to run them over ONLY if you don't keep reversing and killing more of them. However on servers with no roadkilling rule in place I wouldn't do I at all

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 11:14   #36
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

omg @dtacs vid. I wonder why they didn't just bait them by putting a soldier somewhere in a logical position, prone, on top of a mine. Or placed some AT on a structure.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2011-01-23, 11:43   #37
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

not realistic, therefore i don't like it.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:03   #38
chainsaw.exe

i agree with the roadkilling but not with the people saying that it's just like real life. If you are driving along and see an enemy squad you would go out of your way to kill them easily rather than report them to friendly units. However you would give it a go to try hit them then continue on. You wouldn't try to hit them, then reverse, try again, circle round, try again, because in reality you would fear for your life as if the squad opened up on you you would be annihilated easily. Is there not someway to make cars weaker to small arms or at least slow them down from damage so they can't race around at a roadkill speed all the time? Then maybe people would think about whether the risks were worth going out of your way to roadkill someone.
chainsaw.exe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:03   #39
Cheditor

If i'm driving on a road and someone steps out in front of me shooting at me, I am not going to be dodging him any time soon. But i'm not going to look for people to run over or purposely go the same way just so I can have people to run over.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:45   #40
Pronck
Supporting Member

Well if I attack an enemy squad with my Technical and my gunners' gun is overheated I will RK them, because if I don't they will kill me or they will take down the cache etc.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion, roadkilling